• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For Dom Capers, going back to Clemson brings back fond memories

1 hour ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

I am biased but I also grew up 20 minutes from Clemson, live 30 minutes from Clemson now, and work 10 minutes from Clemson. My family is almost all Clemson fans and most people I am around on a daily basis are Clemson fans. 

For the record, I wouldn’t do this in Columbia either but I know wayyyyyy more Gamecock fans that are Panthers fans compared to Clemson fans. There are also a ton of Gamecocks in Charlotte. At minimum, at least Columbia is more convenient and closer to Charlotte than Clemson. 

I have lived in Columbia before. I never saw a shred of Panthers support even during our good years. I did see an entire sports bar once root for some 3rd string scrub of an ex-Gamecock that was playing for the Browns.

The truth is, there has never at any point been any discernable support in the entirety of South Carolina for the Panthers.

There were points in time that was upsetting but I suppose in hindsight it really hardly mattered.

• Pie 2

I live in Georgetown County SC, near the Horry County line. There are so many people from different states on the coast, you are gonna have a tough time with the demographics but people do understand who the home team is.

If they can do anything decent like maybe win back to back years and show they can be somebody, they would pick up fans and become a thing. I think. 

Edited by strato

38 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I have lived in Columbia before. I never saw a shred of Panthers support even during our good years. I did see an entire sports bar once root for some 3rd string scrub of an ex-Gamecock that was playing for the Browns.

The truth is, there has never at any point been any discernable support in the entirety of South Carolina for the Panthers.

There were points in time that was upsetting but I suppose in hindsight it really hardly mattered.

I’m assuming you’re referring to Connor Shaw. 

And most of the Gamecock/Panther contingent that I know either were from Charlotte originally or live(d) in Charlotte. Like I said, I wouldn’t do Fan Fest in Columbia either. I agree, majority of SC doesn’t care about the Panthers. The ones that do usually are Steelers or Cowboys fans. 

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

I’m assuming you’re referring to Connor Shaw. 

And most of the Gamecock/Panther contingent that I know either were from Charlotte originally or live(d) in Charlotte. Like I said, I wouldn’t do Fan Fest in Columbia either. I agree, majority of SC doesn’t care about the Panthers. The ones that do usually are Steelers or Cowboys fans. 

The Panthers have always been a NC team no matter what marketing BS they tried to come up with. SC just never supported the Panthers. 

It's bananas to have it in Clemson. You are so far from the fanbase. Who the fug wants to make that kind of drive? 

But, maybe that's the point?

• Pie 2

On 6/20/2024 at 1:43 PM, GamecockSmitty4 said:

Why are they having Fan Fest at Clemson? I don’t know a single Clemson fan that gives a crap about the Panthers in the slightest. Most don’t like NFL at all. The few that do are Jaguars “fans” and former Texans “fans” because of Watson and Lawrence. 

Oh ..so you know every Clemson fan's  thoughts  on their favorite NFL in SC... interesting and amazing.

On 6/20/2024 at 5:20 PM, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah that's basically Ga, closer to ATL than Charlotte. Good luck getting anyone from the triad/triangle to drive 4-5 hours for one practice, same for Myrtle/Charleston if anyone down there actually follows the team

This works for me in ATL, but like you said, not convenient for the locations you mentioned. It’s funny, Flowery Branch, the falcons training facilities, is only an hour/1.5 from Clemson. 

• Beer 2