• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For Dom Capers, going back to Clemson brings back fond memories

3 minutes ago, dave-o said:

I think it took us over 12 hours one Sunday door to door to see a game in Clem-p-son...  Good times !!!

I do not miss that traffic…going to games on Sunday as a 14/15 year old…trying to study for high school Monday exams with Dad driving and being stuck in traffic and not getting home till 2 AM lol

• Beer 1

Why are they having Fan Fest at Clemson? I don’t know a single Clemson fan that gives a crap about the Panthers in the slightest. Most don’t like NFL at all. The few that do are Jaguars “fans” and former Texans “fans” because of Watson and Lawrence. 

• Pie 4

19 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

Why are they having Fan Fest at Clemson? I don’t know a single Clemson fan that gives a crap about the Panthers in the slightest. Most don’t like NFL at all. The few that do are Jaguars “fans” and former Texans “fans” because of Watson and Lawrence. 

We have never drafted a player from Clemson.  its odd.

32 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

You are very biased but also very correct.

40 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

This is pretty un-smart...  I have 5 Clemson grads in my family that are huge Panthers fans...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

55 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

I'm a Clemson fan.  I mean, hard not to be a fan of the only good football program in South Carolina. 

That said, Fan Fest at Clemson is a horrible idea.   Folks in charge under Tepper clearly are not in tune with the pulse of their fanbase.  Like the Ring of Honor, all Tepper can do is look backwards to try to get folks to forget about the now. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I'm a Clemson fan.  I mean, hard not to be a fan of the only good football program in South Carolina. 

That said, Fan Fest at Clemson is a horrible idea.   Folks in charge under Tepper clearly are not in tune with the pulse of their fanbase.  Like the Ring of Honor, all Tepper can do is look backwards to try to get folks to forget about the now. 

Have to do something to appease the other half of Carolina Panthers.... especially after pulling out of Wofford and boning Rock Hill....

22 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

Have to do something to appease the other half of Carolina Panthers.... especially after pulling out of Wofford and boning Rock Hill....

that's not appeasing the other though.  In reality, for the majority of the state of SC.....Clemson is a less convenient location than Charlotte. 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

that's not appeasing the other though.  In reality, for the majority of the state of SC.....Clemson is a less convenient location than Charlotte. 

Yeah that's basically Ga, closer to ATL than Charlotte. Good luck getting anyone from the triad/triangle to drive 4-5 hours for one practice, same for Myrtle/Charleston if anyone down there actually follows the team

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You are very biased but also very correct.

I am biased but I also grew up 20 minutes from Clemson, live 30 minutes from Clemson now, and work 10 minutes from Clemson. My family is almost all Clemson fans and most people I am around on a daily basis are Clemson fans. 

For the record, I wouldn’t do this in Columbia either but I know wayyyyyy more Gamecock fans that are Panthers fans compared to Clemson fans. There are also a ton of Gamecocks in Charlotte. At minimum, at least Columbia is more convenient and closer to Charlotte than Clemson.