• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tulsky named GM of the Canes

As expected and glad to hear it's official. I think he's been more responsible for our sustained success the last 6 years than Waddell was. Both have been important, don't get me wrong. But I'd rather let Don walk like we did than have Tulsky take a GM job elsewhere, which he absolutely would've gotten eventually (has already had several interviews and league wide interest). I think Justin Williams could backfill some of the Waddell duties on the GM side. Team President will probably be a new hire, or other promotion from within -- Waddell was definitely good at that stuff but all that stuff doesn't directly impact the on ice product.

• Pie 1

Slavin expected to extend 8 years $6.5M per year as soon as he’s eligible on July 1. Absolutely ridiculous steal and great early work from Tulsky. Slavin is tied for our most important player with Aho and I’d honestly give him $10M per year if that’s what it took to keep him. He’s easily worth it.

• Pie 1

A Ph.D. in chemistry from Cal Berkeley, a 2-year postdoctoral study at the Naval Research Laboratory in Washington and holds 27 US patents.  12 years in the tech industry managing research teams for nanotechnology in areas such as DNA sequencing and solar energy. 

Yep.... hockey guy. He brings some sand paper to the front office.

• Pie 1