• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers are hurtling towards threats of relocation

I love this organization and this team has meant a lot to me since I was a kid. My first game was in Death Valley in the inagural season. 

That said, I can't blame the city at all if they tell Tepper to kick rocks. My fandom wouldn't follow them, either. Once the they leave the Carolinas, fug em, as far as I'm concerned. 

Truly hope it doesn't come to that.

• Pie 7

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I read the article.  The only threat of relocation was a rumor they might move to Kannapolis.  That would actually be better for me.  

The discussion about moving to another state was purely conjecture on the part of the reporter.  While its certainly not outside the realm of possibility, there hasn't been any actual mention of it.  

The Panthers in Kannapolis would be wild.

• Pie 1

The grass is not always greener and losing the Panthers Franchise to another city is a big no thank you to me. First the fan base and others wanted a new owner. We got one and he turned out to be worse (up to this point).  Now the fan base and others want the team to leave so we can either have no NFL franchise in Charlotte with the hope of get a new one some time. Again no thank you.    

Whenever I travel, go to another city or area I pay all kinds of travel and tourism taxes for their stadiums, arenas and venues. So let everyone visiting and traveling through Charlotte pay those same taxes for ours and make a deal for the stadium upgrades.      

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I went to 4 of those games and they could have been much louder. The team damn near went undefeated. We should have been the loudest fanbase in the NFL.

Cam mentioned this in his podcast that he had to get the crowd involved to get him going. Dude shouldn't be running around the stadium just to get the crowd to make noise.

Loud crowds don't need the players help to get loud. I been to a couple of Ravens game and their crowd is louder than any Panthers game I ever attended. People say we are loud probably haven't visited other stadiums around the league.

Ask Big Kat how different the Panthers crowd are compared to other stadiums. I guarantee you we are at the bottom.

They have never even had back to back winning season even with Cam so what do you expect? It's all about the winning. The Ravens have had winning seasons the last 6 of 7 years and actually won a SB. Seattle has won 11 of their last 12 seasons and a SB. Interesting enough neither have had 6 losing seasons in a row.

I'm not sure it will ever be the loudest crowd but you are also forgetting the environment JR fed for years up to the Cam years. Tepper is terrible and done little past a VR panther but JR threw a very bland game day experience. I was in Tampa last year and they made the entire game entertaining for the fans even if the teams were not good most of the game.

Blaming the fans for a poor product when it's never been good enough long enough is just BS.

15 hours ago, strato said:

Virginia is Redskins... uh lol Commanders territory.

I would bet Europe probably. Munich Panthers. London Panthers. Wherever Tepper wants to live they could make it happen considering the hard on the NFL has for going global. Hell he could go to Mexico City, Paris, Rome, Brussels, Zurich... 

I think Northern VA is Commanders territory. Not sure I agree the rest of the state holds any loyalty to the team.

4 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Yep. Boston is a big city so a ton of fans to draw from and I grew up close to there. I remember going to pre-Brady games in Foxboro and getting handed a bunch of tickets from people who likely had company tickets. They sure weren’t the current obnoxiously annoying fans back then. The Cam years, especially the playoff runs were a lot of fun. We’ve been poo for 6 years now. In 2018/2019, we went 1-15 to finish those years. That pretty much guts a fan base when you also lose both your best offensive player ever and best defensive player ever after 2019.

The Pats are a little different because they technically represent a very broad geographical area that is densely populated and mostly within relatively easy driving distance to the stadium. 

They were also(as you describe) not much of a draw for the majority of their history. Winning does that for you.

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I went to 4 of those games and they could have been much louder. The team damn near went undefeated. We should have been the loudest fanbase in the NFL.

Cam mentioned this in his podcast that he had to get the crowd involved to get him going. Dude shouldn't be running around the stadium just to get the crowd to make noise.

Loud crowds don't need the players help to get loud. I been to a couple of Ravens game and their crowd is louder than any Panthers game I ever attended. People say we are loud probably haven't visited other stadiums around the league.

Ask Big Kat how different the Panthers crowd are compared to other stadiums. I guarantee you we are at the bottom.

I've been to a number of away games, specifically New Orleans, Atlanta, Tampa, Chicago, Green Bay, Jacksonville, and Miami. I can tell you that our fanbase (when we are actually worth a poo) was louder than all of the above except for Green Bay and New Orleans. New Orleans's stadium is a shithole with metal stairs that is designed to be loud, and the game I went to was the year they won the Super Bowl. Their fans now in the Dennis Allen/Derek Carr will tell you that it's not the same as when they had Brees/Peyton. Green Bay of course has been successful for decades.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I think Northern VA is Commanders territory. Not sure I agree the rest of the state holds any loyalty to the team.

I grew up in the Hampton Roads area it was Redskins and even down into NC. The TV was Redskins viewing area. I can’t speak for westernmost Va. Baltimore isn’t far away from DC at all but not many Baltimore fans where I grew up. The closest other team was Atlanta. Of course, Dallas and Pittsburgh were everywhere and back then a lot of Raiders fans too. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, OneBadCat said:

The Panthers in Kannapolis would be wild.

Yea build a stadium in that shithole lol. Have to fight ur way through crackheads to get to the gate would be an adventure 

1 hour ago, Fenrir said:

I love this organization and this team has meant a lot to me since I was a kid. My first game was in Death Valley in the inagural season. 

That said, I can't blame the city at all if they tell Tepper to kick rocks. My fandom wouldn't follow them, either. Once the they leave the Carolinas, fug em, as far as I'm concerned. 

Truly hope it doesn't come to that.

This was already a negotiated deal with the city. Why do people think this is just some off the wall proposal Tepper threw out without anyone knowing about it?

"City Mandated Projects" - This is directly from the City of Charlotte's presentation of the deal. This has all been negotiated before any details were ever presented to the public. They might try to renegotiate more after "public input" but the deal that was presented was a product of their negotiations. 

Screen_Shot_2024_06_17_at_10.03.54_AM.png

35 minutes ago, RJK said:

Yea build a stadium in that shithole lol. Have to fight ur way through crackheads to get to the gate would be an adventure 

The downtown area is actually getting pretty nice now. The problem would be the commute. There are no good exits to Kannapolis from 85.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, GoDaddyGo said:

This was already a negotiated deal with the city. Why do people think this is just some off the wall proposal Tepper threw out without anyone knowing about it?

"City Mandated Projects" - This is directly from the City of Charlotte's presentation of the deal. This has all been negotiated before any details were ever presented to the public. They might try to renegotiate more after "public input" but the deal that was presented was a product of their negotiations. 

Screen_Shot_2024_06_17_at_10.03.54_AM.png

If I'm interpreting this correctly, the breakout makes sense:

• Column 3, things the Owner/team wants: better locker room, front office space. Premium spaces and club level that match what people are spending. Better press facilities because a happy press is a friendly press
  • Column 2, things that benefit both the team and the city: an event pavilion, making the place look nice
  • Column 1, things that make the city look good: better outside, better restrooms/security, a CITY VIEW from the stadium, improvements for the guest experience
  • Pie 2