• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Skyla Credit Union Amphitheater

21 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

best brisket i ever had was at a gas station/bbq place in austin. worst was at copper this year at this shitty bbq joint place on the slopes. Just complete garbage.

There's a place called Wayne's Smokehouse in Louisville, CO that probably has the best I've had. He's from Austin and trained with some of the famous smokehouses in Austin before moving to CO like half the rest of Austin.

I always liked Micklethwait's in Austin.

I would have no desire to run an actual restaurant but I'd do a Texas style smokehouse.

46 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's kalbi style short ribs tonight

PXL_20240622_225920744.thumb.jpg.6b693d053ca950907418bb5eb7aac120.jpg

Nice.  I made some too.  Next time marinate it for at least 3 hours (best overnight or even 24 hours) in 1/2 cup gochujang paste, 1.25 cups of bulgogi sauce, and 1/4 cup of clover honey, 1/2 cup of Asian pear and apple puree, and 1/4 cup of orange juice.  Put on indirect heat on smoker at 300* until start getting very slightly charred (30-40 mins).  You are welcome.

You can do the same thing for Shabu steak.  Just add sesame seeds and scallions when done for garnish.

Edited by Lame Duck

On 6/17/2024 at 9:12 AM, trueblue said:

yes- you can have a few in the lot if you want.. but VBGB is a good option- lots of beer choices and the food is solid. Its a great venue for a show  

VBGB hotdog used to be the f-in bomb!!  Prob still is.

• Pie 1

On 6/21/2024 at 9:22 PM, Ricky Prickles said:

Great place, im headed to see a Milli Vanilli cover band in September and the voice of the new generation, Corey Feldman in October.

corey feldman 90s GIF by absurdnoise

Lucky, I missed Corey's last show at a kids birthday party at a Sea World. Dude was killing it.

• Flames 1

On 6/22/2024 at 2:32 PM, electro's horse said:

and son. SON

i've done two briskets on my green egg. first was a complete disaster and i ended up slicing it and tossing it in the overn to finish just so i had something to serve

second started on a saturday night for a sunday dinner. i only have a medium GE so i can't get the big ones, but it was decent sized. probably about 17 hours on the smoker. had to change the lump like 6 or 7 times, then i think i let it sit for 2 hours. i was so fuging high by that point i can't remember

there were no leftovers

Brisket is literally trial and error 

If your serve people your first brisket you’re gonna have a bad time.

Edited by Panthercougar68