• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Skyla Credit Union Amphitheater

Never been. Going to a concert there Thursday night. Decent tailgating opportunities in the parking area or no? I see people are going to the beer hall to grab a beer to get their parking validated. Seems like a good plan to me. I'd like to smoke a brisket and do a decent spread of food but I just don't know if the parking setup allows for it.

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Say you've never had a properly smoked brisket without saying it. 😂

Fork tender, moist as can be, and full of smoke.

Properly smoked brisket

It ain't your fault. It's really hard to find in a restaurant outside of central Texas. Never had it or seen it in NC.

It’s because your brisket has cooled from initial smoking.  It changes color a bit but still taste great.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

It’s because your brisket has cooled from initial smoking.  It changes color a bit but still taste great.

Bingo.

That has been sitting there sliced for 20+ minutes too. I ain't so concerned with taking pics that I forget to eat first. 😂

and son. SON

i've done two briskets on my green egg. first was a complete disaster and i ended up slicing it and tossing it in the overn to finish just so i had something to serve

second started on a saturday night for a sunday dinner. i only have a medium GE so i can't get the big ones, but it was decent sized. probably about 17 hours on the smoker. had to change the lump like 6 or 7 times, then i think i let it sit for 2 hours. i was so fuging high by that point i can't remember

there were no leftovers