• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should the Carolina Panthers extend Diontae Johnson?

Exactly. 

Good poo is expensive. Any thing you do, if you want to outfit yourself for it, I don’t think you can go wrong  doing the buy once pay once thing. If you are good at it and keep your eyes open you can find cheaper subsitutes that you may be equally happy with using but that takes know how. 

Getting quality out of the gate, paying once, is rarely a mistake. 

edit: so make sure about Brown. 

Edited by strato

The way I see it, either Bryce will suck the team down which will deflate Diontae's value and then we can resign him for a bigger bargain than we could now. Or he'll help Bryce achieve new heights, in which case, I'm perfectly happy paying a premium for him and we'll have tons of money to do so. 

• Pie 3

My first thought was yes I would like to extend, but next years tag is 24 million for WR and with the explosion of the WR market it could be a fair price. With what Jefferson just got paid and Lamb, Higgins, and Aiyuk pushing the price forward as a whole 24 could be a bargain if he’s a 90 catch 1,000yard receiver like him hoping.  I could see Amari Cooper,  Mike Williams, Diggs, and Keenan Allan all having sizable contracts too even as they age. Tag him.

10 hours ago, PappyMay said:

My first thought was yes I would like to extend, but next years tag is 24 million for WR and with the explosion of the WR market it could be a fair price. With what Jefferson just got paid and Lamb, Higgins, and Aiyuk pushing the price forward as a whole 24 could be a bargain if he’s a 90 catch 1,000yard receiver like him hoping.  I could see Amari Cooper,  Mike Williams, Diggs, and Keenan Allan all having sizable contracts too even as they age. Tag him.

90/1000 are the stats that Theilen had last year, force-fed as he was... feels crazy to pay $24M for that kind of output.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, KSpan said:

90/1000 are the stats that Theilen had last year, force-fed as he was... feels crazy to pay $24M for that kind of output.

Michael Pittman just got that a year and had 1100 yard season. The cap continues to move forward. Chris Godwin makes 20 a year and just had a 1,000yd season.  May can overpay to keep talent with Legette and Mingo on rookie deals. Who knows if he even pans out but i sure hope so. Hoping to get back to our 5 win normal seasons.

I agree with what sounds like the majority here. Let him play out this season and take it from there. I'd like to have him long term. Him and XL could make for a dangerous duo for the next 4-5 years ( hopefully ). I think having Tillis will keep us out of cap trouble if they sign him, tag him or let him go.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

Michael Pittman just got that a year and had 1100 yard season. The cap continues to move forward. Chris Godwin makes 20 a year and just had a 1,000yd season.  May can overpay to keep talent with Legette and Mingo on rookie deals. Who knows if he even pans out but i sure hope so. Hoping to get back to our 5 win normal seasons.

I understand the why and how behind the numbers. It's just like dang, that's 10% of the cap going towards numbers that barely crack the top 30 receivers in today's NFL. Even as the cap climbs that number will climb as well, so the sentiment remains. 

Edited by KSpan
  • Beer 1

He's suggesting to extend DJ at 22 million a year without him even playing a down for us, because if he has a good year then he'll want 30 million a year. That's dumb. Even if he has a good year for us, he's not worth 30 million a year. If he expects that, then tag and trade him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1