• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nate Tice article on Bryce Young

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

looks like people have already written the season off. they (think they) know there's nothing left but to fail. it's the easy option. 

Why wouldn't we if we were right the last 2 years? It's no longer a mystery even if you add in the element of unknown. Quacks like a duck, walks like a duck then it's a duck. Betting against the current Panthers is just good odds unfortunately. 

I get wanting it not to be true and fanning how you want but it's hard to go against the history they have built in the last 6 years. Tepper hires poorly while dragging his last mistakes into the new mix. The mix of personnel to scheme is yet again questionable. The draft was not as different as it needed to be from the recent drafts. The list is right there, we are all just talking what we see until they prove it. IMO this try isn't much better than the last, at least the HC will at least try which is nice. It's not the easy option, it's the obvious option. 

• Pie 3

13 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Why wouldn't we if we were right the last 2 years? It's no longer a mystery even if you add in the element of unknown. Quacks like a duck, walks like a duck then it's a duck. Betting against the current Panthers is just good odds unfortunately. 

I get wanting it not to be true and fanning how you want but it's hard to go against the history they have built in the last 6 years. Tepper hires poorly while dragging his last mistakes into the new mix. The mix of personnel to scheme is yet again questionable. The draft was not as different as it needed to be from the recent drafts. The list is right there, we are all just talking what we see until they prove it. IMO this try isn't much better than the last, at least the HC will at least try which is nice. It's not the easy option, it's the obvious option. 

selena gomez shrug GIF

• Beer 1
  • The D 1

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

looks like people have already written the season off. they (think they) know there's nothing left but to fail. it's the easy option. 

From the national perspective it appears that way.  Feel free to disagree but the from the unbiased view points this year probably will be ugly again.  From the Athletic:

Carolina Panthers

Under 5.5 (-105)

Everybody loves guards. Who knew? The Panthers spent $150 million on guards Robert Hunt and Damien Lewis, and people are pounding the over, betting this number up from 4.5. While Bryce Young will take less than the 62 sacks he was hit with last season, and Diontae Johnson should prove to be a reliable target, I don’t know if I see three more wins than last season. I didn’t love the draft haul, there will be some growing pains for new coach Dave Canales, and Brian Burns was a big loss on defense.

21 hours ago, amcoolio said:

The difference is stark. Darnold attempts a lot of rudimentary throws and rarely throws people open, preferred to wait until a receiver was completely open, albeit he has a stronger arm downfield. Bryce has far better passing angles in the short and intermediate, including more zip and throwing into tight windows. The touchdown to Thielen against the Dolphins, Darnold couldn't make that throw if his life depended on it. Bryce also doesn't dance in the pocket or looked panicked which drove me crazy. 

Teddy too only attempted basic throws and couldn't throw downfield, but had much faster zip than Bryce on short throws so I'll give him that. It wouldn't take much improvement this year for Bryce to be the best QB we've had since 2017 like I said

https://x.com/WinksTape/status/1729193757168574909?t=M57HaE7xvnjOgtpk0To44g&s=19

Yeah I think you was watching a whole different bryce last year my friend. I have seen darnold make way more big throws than Bryce in his one year in the league.  It's not a bad assessment to say bryce has a way to go just to catch darnold. That's just the truth. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, rayzor said:

at some point, though, you just have to suck it up and accept it and deal with the bad deal you got. 

you go through funks where you keep making mistakes and hope that you get it figured out sometime soon, but in the learning process you realize you could have done some things better but you're stuck with decisions you make. you have two choices...whine about it or just brush it off and hope can make the situation you put yourself work.

i know a lot of people in here have probably never experienced or dealt with failure much in their lives, but i have and i learned to just suck it up and try to make the best of the situation you've got yourself in because you realize that you're stuck with it for a while. doesn't do any good to keep harping over what you wish you had done better. you already know that. now it's just about moving forward from here and making the best of it and hoping you can make something of it.

it's the easiest thing in the world to look at where Bryce falls short...and yes, that was intentional. everyone knows that and all that is done is beating that horse laying on the ground. what takes some work is trying to see how it can work and if they have done and are doing things to help the situation get better. 

Yeah I hear you man but this is not a litmus test for OUR character. All the sucking it up in the world won’t affect anything about that football team and the issue of a failed draft deal. 

The point is would you want to go back to that steakhouse? I mean, no you probably don’t. I don’t have to suck that up. I am free to lobby and critique as it moves me, same as you. I am saying I don’t the team to go back to a crappy steakhouse lol. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

7 hours ago, Waldo said:

but you haven’t seen any walking nor quacking from this team. we don’t know anything about what we currently have. if we get 5-6 wins and are competitive in every game, then i’ll be ecstatic about our future. if we look lost and get abused, then yeah we have a duck. right now we have an unknown, which is some respects can be even more frustrating, or intriguing, depending on how you want to look at it.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

but you haven’t seen any walking nor quacking from this team. we don’t know anything about what we currently have. if we get 5-6 wins and are competitive in every game, then i’ll be ecstatic about our future. if we look lost and get abused, then yeah we have a duck. right now we have an unknown, which is some respects can be even more frustrating, or intriguing, depending on how you want to look at it.

It's just more of the same. It's been talked about and noted for months around here. That take can't be a surprise at this point. 

48 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It's just more of the same. It's been talked about and noted for months around here. That take can't be a surprise at this point. 

well, yeah. it’s been months since we knew what we have, and will be a few more months until we get a really good look. what do you expect? you aren’t going to learn anything substantial during the offseason. 

selena gomez shrug GIF

12 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

well, yeah. it’s been months since we knew what we have, and will be a few more months until we get a really good look. what do you expect? you aren’t going to learn anything substantial during the offseason

selena gomez shrug GIF

Yes because nothing happens in the offseason. What a masterful take. Thankfully all the football stuff happens from September to February.

Wait didn't they just have something recently? Even an Injury and some contract drama? Nope, couldn't be. There is nothing happening at this time of year according to you.

Clap Clapping GIF

42 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Yes because nothing happens in the offseason. What a masterful take. Thankfully all the football stuff happens from September to February.

Wait didn't they just have something recently? Even an Injury and some contract drama? Nope, couldn't be. There is nothing happening at this time of year according to you.

Clap Clapping GIF

reading comprehension is hard. you even highlighted it, and still didn’t get it.

19 hours ago, Waldo said:

yeah drafting 3 players in rounds one,two,& three that are not ready to start on top of having a starting Qb that you are currently in the process of developing it's alot to question & alot of what ifs & what nots all at the same time...just saying

Edited by bandu
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

reading comprehension is hard. you even highlighted it, and still didn’t get it.

The irony of your take on a football forum is hilarious. I comprehend exactly what you are. 

12 minutes ago, bandu said:

yeah drafting 3 players in rounds one,two,& three that are not ready to start on top of having a starting Qb that you are currently in the process of developing it's alot to question & alot of what ifs & what nots all at the same time...just saying

But we can't judge until they hit the field. /s

Not all but yeah there is some judgement. The Not For Long league loves the long build while ignoring the current season. It will be entertaining. And the bit about the HC not caring that the WR is limited was reminiscent of DG talking about KB/DF and how they just needed a big guy for those high balls. 

• Pie 1