• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My transmission went to shit

Ja  Rhule

So I driving 15 miles/hour down my subdivision and my engine start to rev up like crazy for about 5 seconds. Then everything went to normal for about 10 seconds. My check engine like came on and my car start shutting down. I turned my car off and then turned back on 10 seconds later. It smelled like something burned... My car could only go 15 miles per hour, just enough for me to go back home. I called my buddy in vegas and told him what happened. He said right away"If you got '01 or '02 Honda Civic, you just burned your transmission, buddy". I was like wtf? Everything seemed normal and I was driving on my first gear. So I did a research and thats what I found:

http://www.hondaproblems.com/Civic/transmission-failure.shtml

So, Honda knew they fuged up but they do nothing to address the problem.

I guess I need a new car now.

That sucks. In the past Honda has been very proactive on transmission issues relating to 1999-2001 Odysseys, Pilots and Accords. Providing a 7 year, 100k warranty extension on their trannies. Ask GTG, she's had first hand experience with this problem and gotten the freebie tranny.

Civics have no where even close the same failure rate as the cars that got free extensions.

Sorry to say but these days getting "goodwill" consideration from Honda is a tough go. Corporate belt tightening translates to unless you are the original owner or have serviced your car as recommended at the dealer faithfully you're likely to get no help at all.

Trannies are expensive as hell to get repaired, a tech you trust and a junkyard trannie may be you're only reasonably cheap way to get rolling again.

when the transmission goes, it's time to get a new car.

it's this attitude that keeps the used car business going.

Transmission jobs are all labor, thus the expense.

Tranny went on my car 1.5 years ago, got one for $75 off ebay, took the better part of a day to install and it's still going strong.

ARSEN, if you can find a good ole boy who likes to work on cars try that route. it's worth a shot imo

Archived