• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: RB Jonathon Brooks (knee) may not be ready for the start of training camp.

On 6/16/2024 at 1:17 AM, TD alt said:

But I wouldn't call Brooks your quintessential project; he's a talented back that needs to convalescence in order to get on the field. Playing RB is honestly one of the easiest positions to learn relative to some others (even linemen). It's even easier if you already have good fundamentals as it pertains to blocking (which Brooks has displayed). I don't see Brooks as a project as much as I see him as a gamble due to his injury, and he isn't even a big gamble if NFL doctors are correct about their prognosis. 

I think  you are under valuing the catching and blocking. Ickey was a project due to his pass blocking needing a lot of work and he went in the top 10. Being a project isn't bad in itself. It's just going to take some time after he heals. Therefor a luxury pick who is a bit of a project, needing work. He isn't close to a starter when healthy. At least he doesn't look like one to me yet. 

On 6/16/2024 at 7:18 AM, strato said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/thomas-davis-reflects-on-staying-in-the-nfl-through-three-acl-tears

Not that worried about his knee, hoping he is a real talent that doesn’t mind blocking too.

Articles like that make me miss Jerry Richardson.

Can you imagine Tepper ever saying anything like that? He’d probably ask the city of Charlotte to cover the salary cap hit.

• Beer 1

The way I read this Brooks was RB1 and Chuba/Miles backing him up?Doesnt make sense.

Oh, and the Brooks pick was for the future, nobody was expecting him to roll out week 1 as the starter. Take your meds everyone, it’s ok.