• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: RB Jonathon Brooks (knee) may not be ready for the start of training camp.

33 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its a 6 winish season, hes not going to be 100% for a while, should have just got a center or pass rusher or whatever and drafted a rb next year

We gave up our 2nd rounder and 2 5th round picks to the Colts to draft a RB coming off November ACL surgery. I like Brooks he has some Jamaal Charles to his game but this was very risky pick. 

• Pie 7
  • Flames 1

We do have a 2nd next year left over from all that.

If this guy is legit I don’t mind him missing the first few games. It is a long season. 

I wanted a top C too but just didn’t think it was a thing they were going to do so I guess I am not that frustrated over it. Edge rusher would’ve been nice but what was there I don’t remember. 

Edited by strato

Kid is only 20 years old. Without the ACL, he’s probably a first rounder. If he’s goes back to school another year, that’s probably the case as well.

Instead, he came out this year while  the competition at the position was weak and he ended up being the first RB anyway. Even if he didn’t play at all this year, that’s essentially swapping the mid-second we used on him for the future first he would have been. 

Put in that context, give him all the time he needs. This year should be about developing him into a complete nfl-level back. 

• Pie 4

I liked Brooks but I actually liked Trey Benson more and he's healthy and went in the third.  I'm sure it won't matter in the long term though Brooks will be fine.  Doesn't feel great when your first rounder tweaks their hammy the first week and your 2nd rounder isn't as far along in their recovery as they had hoped.   Things could have definitely went better for mini camp.

Typical responses. 

You had to know that this was a possibility if not probability. Come on, people. The pick was an investment into the future, and most times that future is not so immediate.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

The fact is they should never have drafted Brooks. It was a luxury pick and deserves every bit of the crap fans are giving it. Not a surprise and not a good pick for the team. Injured project RB is still injured so big shock about a guy who wasn't ready to play much if healthy anyways, he needs work at this level. Just wait until the OG at center goes down again. Then we can talk about all the centers or OGs (since apparently that's an easy switch to make) we could have had playing at that point. 'But a rookie is too risky at center for Bryce but an injured project RB in the 2nd makes so much sense for the future.' An investment in the future? How about an investment in this season between the millions they spent on OGs with the current hole in between them.  

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

Wait, so this is all about Canales saying Brooks has a "little bit a ways to go" they will "progresss them in to camp"?

No poo....he had an ACL injury 7 months and 1 day ago. Revovery is typically 9 to 12 months so this is obvious.

Edited by csx
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, csx said:

Wait, so this is all about Canales saying Brooks has a "little bit a ways to go" they will "progresss them in to camp"?

No poo....he had an ACL injury 7 months and 1 day ago. Revovery is typically 9 to 12 months so this is obvious.

That's a bit different narrative they were pushing after the draft.  That he would be ready for training camp

1 hour ago, Dingo_ate_Babies said:

We drafted him knowing he's not going to play right away. This was a pick for the future. We still have Chuba  and Sanders for this year anyway, so him playing isn't critical. I suspect we won't see him play till mid-season.

No coach has lasted longer than 3 seasons under Tepper.  I guess Dave and Dan are stocking the cupboard for their future replacements?

• Flames 1