• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How the Carolina Panthers found themselves in the worst situation

15 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Darnold had arguably the worst coaches in the NFL over the last 25 years. Bryce had two or three of the most renowned QB people in the league on his side last year. 

maybe he figures it out, but the physical tools are not there. In order to succeed we will need a roster like the Dolphins and that doesn’t leave much room for defense, and defense still wins Super Bowls. 

We had 3 of the most renowned QB people in the league? I’m assuming you are talking about Caldwell who coached Manning briefly (after he was already good similar to Adam Gase who coached Darnold), and is the other one Reich who used old Rivers, old Ryan, and tried to fix Wentz but couldn’t do it. I have no clue who the 3rd guy could possibly be? I think you are just a Darnold fan because he has a big arm. So did Jamarcus Russell, and Ryan Leaf. Shanahan let him walk and O’Connell was desperate to draft a QB after signing Darnold because these coaches know he isn’t the solution. Temporary starter/backup is what Sam is. He just doesn’t have the football IQ to be a franchise guy. Most QBs don’t. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

On 6/16/2024 at 10:45 AM, ForJimmy said:

We had 3 of the most renowned QB people in the league? I’m assuming you are talking about Caldwell who coached Manning briefly (after he was already good similar to Adam Gase who coached Darnold), and is the other one Reich who used old Rivers, old Ryan, and tried to fix Wentz but couldn’t do it. I have no clue who the 3rd guy could possibly be? I think you are just a Darnold fan because he has a big arm. So did Jamarcus Russell, and Ryan Leaf. Shanahan let him walk and O’Connell was desperate to draft a QB after signing Darnold because these coaches know he isn’t the solution. Temporary starter/backup is what Sam is. He just doesn’t have the football IQ to be a franchise guy. Most QBs don’t. 

It's just more excuses for a talented guy that has a ten cent football IQ. I will never understand why people do this but what do you do?

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's just more excuses for a talented guy that has a ten cent football IQ. I will never understand why people do this but what do you do?

I understand some excuses to argue a point, but to say we had THREE of the most renowned QB coaches last year is pretty much a straight fabrication of the truth….

23 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I understand some excuses to argue a point, but to say we had THREE of the most renowned QB coaches last year is pretty much a straight fabrication of the truth….

100%. It wouldn't matter if Sam Darnold had the three most talented coaches in NFL history, it wouldn't change his ability to read the field. 

On 6/12/2024 at 10:07 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

The NFL forced the team to be sold to David Tepper. It's been all downhill from there. It really is just that simple. 

Yup, it really is that simple.  Tepper was not ready to be an NFL owner, maybe he never will be.  Dave simply had the money the NFL sought from a new owner and Tepper had an interest in buying a team. 

It's been all downhill ever since.  One bungle, flub, misstep, boneheaded move after another. A comedy of errors and laughable to everyone else in the sports world except the Panthers emotionally wrecked fan base.

• Pie 1

On 6/12/2024 at 10:55 AM, Waldo said:

Dude is a debt collector. Fug them both. I asked why anyone cared about this guy at that time and all I got back was he was a local to some people so rah rah. Ok cool. 

I agree about the JR part but I have zero reasons to care about Nevaro anymore than Tepper. His kid plays tennis and dad was an old coach. Cool. It's the NFL, they don't sell to great people and there is only 1 team run in the way I would be happy to see which the NFL will never allow again. IMO there was never a good option in that sale. 

"Fug them both"... someday fans will learn that no one that owns an NFL franchise comes from the same mold as Mother Teresa. They're all incredibly wealthy, and get that way from being given "the bag" from family or being a ruthless mofo in the world of hostile takeovers and backstabbing mega deals.

Edited by 3838
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Yup, it really is that simple.  Tepper was not ready to be an NFL owner, maybe he never will be.  Dave simply had the money the NFL sought from a new owner and Tepper had an interest in buying a team. 

It's been all downhill ever since.  One bungle, flub, misstep, boneheaded move after another. A comedy of errors and laughable to everyone else in the sports world except the Panthers emotionally wrecked fan base.

The NFL doesn't care about suitability if you haven't noticed. They care about including as many of the wealthiest people on the planet as they can collect as owners. It helps protect the product in the long term.

On 6/16/2024 at 4:45 PM, ForJimmy said:

Spot on. A great mechanic can hot rod a dodge dart.  But after they finish, it’s still gonna be a dodge dart.  

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

The NFL doesn't care about suitability if you haven't noticed. They care about including as many of the wealthiest people on the planet as they can collect as owners. It helps protect the product in the long term.

They know who they are looking for. They will think a certain way. Globally.

edit: they are going to steal our game and make us watch soccar. That’s about half a joke.

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1