• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fighting food insecurity in our backyard: The David and Nicole Tepper Foundation makes major gift to support Charlotte Nonprofit 'Nourish Up' 

I think it is great they are giving money to support charity. They’ve done a lot for the community in their time here. A lot of people will significantly feel the positive impact from it. 

For all of you complaining about it, good grief, seek some help. Can they do more? Sure. But this organization now has $3M more then they had yesterday to help people, and that is great thing.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Martin said:

I think it is great they are giving money to support charity. They’ve done a lot for the community in their time here. A lot of people will significantly feel the positive impact from it. 

For all of you complaining about it, good grief, seek some help. Can they do more? Sure. But this organization now has $3M more then they had yesterday to help people, and that is great thing.

News Flash - all NFL owners are crazy rich. Most of the people complaining about it have nothing better to do with their lives.

6 hours ago, Martin said:

It’s the least they could do after asking the city for 600 million.  What a generous gesture.  I’m sure it was simply out of the goodness of their hearts.

• Flames 2

All the bitching from so many.....Would you rather have him done nothing at all then? So the help those in need did get was just never given? Is that what you would have preferred? I'm curious with the ones bitching, what have YOU done this year to help anyone at all other than your fat chicken wing eating selves? 90% of the bitchers I would be willing to bet, haven't done poo for anyone other than their own self serving asses. Talking bull poo politics in the LitterBox does not make you an activist by the way and it damn sure doesn't mean you have done poo to help anyone. So bitch some more you little bitches

Cheddar Cheese Crying GIF by Dietz & Watson

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2

On 6/12/2024 at 7:26 PM, Johnstonny said:

...Yea.... the city donates to billionaire welfare to the tune of 600mil for stadium renovation and they turn around and give 3mil back... thats 0.00015% of his wealth... akin to you and I buying a single tic-tac....fug them, I have NFL win insecurity.

Regardless of what percentage of Tepper’s wealth this is, that $3M is likely a windfall for this nonprofit. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

20 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

All the bitching from so many.....Would you rather have him done nothing at all then? So the help those in need did get was just never given? Is that what you would have preferred? I'm curious with the ones bitching, what have YOU done this year to help anyone at all other than your fat chicken wing eating selves? 90% of the bitchers I would be willing to bet, haven't done poo for anyone other than their own self serving asses. Talking bull poo politics in the LitterBox does not make you an activist by the way and it damn sure doesn't mean you have done poo to help anyone. So bitch some more you little bitches

Cheddar Cheese Crying GIF by Dietz & Watson

You must wear a bib like that baby pic of yours when on your knees in front of tepper.

On 6/14/2024 at 2:00 PM, Martin said:

Its social media, people like to whine, especially when its someone they don't like at the time.  I don't see the point in complaining about something like this (its a good thing overall) but then I generally just scroll past the whining.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

You must wear a bib like that baby pic of yours when on your knees in front of tepper.

Uh oh, I must have hurt someones little sensitive feelings....Awwww, come here and let daddy tuck your little ass in and find you a safe room. You must be one of those great "activitists" from the litter box.

To tell you the truth I can't stand Tepper but it's funny that every time you aren't 100%  against him on something there's always someone who will start screaming  about being on their knees for the old fat man. You seem to be versed and interested in being on your knees for other guys judging by how much you apparently know about it and interested in it by bringing it up so I will let you handle any and all of that Mr long fart. 

Edited by Ricky Prickles

So I'm just wondering how many of us would be offended if the Salvation Army bell ringer at Christmas didn't say , "Thank you" for the dime they manage to toss in the bucket. Or better yet, how would we feel if an onlooker who saw us donate looked us up and down with contempt and said, "That's all?" when we put a whole dollar in the bucket...while having a PS5 and TV in our shopping cart.

That's the equivalent of griping about Tepper on this. Yeah he's got way more and could donate a whole country's GDP and not miss it. He didn't this time and if we're honest, the same people griping now would gripe then too just because.

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

So I'm just wondering how many of us would be offended if the Salvation Army bell ringer at Christmas didn't say , "Thank you" for the dime they manage to toss in the bucket. Or better yet, how would we feel if an onlooker who saw us donate looked us up and down with contempt and said, "That's all?" when we put a whole dollar in the bucket...while having a PS5 and TV in our shopping cart.

That's the equivalent of griping about Tepper on this. Yeah he's got way more and could donate a whole country's GDP and not miss it. He didn't this time and if we're honest, the same people griping now would gripe then too just because.

Save your breath mate weak minded people can’t seperate footy results with other Tepper endeavours 

On 6/12/2024 at 12:34 PM, Gapanthersfan said:

I’m a capitalist at heart, but I have a conscience. It’s not my place to tell people how to spend their money, but being disingenuous, especially when it comes to saying that you’re helping the poor,  really pisses me off. Virtue signaling at its lowest point. 

Build a community center that offers an escape from gangs and drugs, offers after hours counseling and school tutoring. They could even name it after themselves for the recognition they seem to crave. Pay teachers $100 an hour as a side hustle. Make it safe and secure. Have behavioral health services. Hell, have a culinary program to teach people how to actually cook a meal, and not let diabetes inevitably happen. Drug abuse, alcoholism, smoking cessation and gambling addiction treatment. Give people who have given up on life a reason to have pride in something. 

True philanthropy doesn’t need a photo op. 

Looking at this from my perspective.. and I will spare you my litany of reasons for having this opinion, but for the most part you’d be paying $100 an hour for a baby sitter or security guard to protect the decent kids from the idiot bullies. Sorry.

More trade schools fewer universities. Bring manufacturing back so people can work and feel like they are somebody. Teach them to do that and give them a way to be productive. That is where bigger money charity should focus, IMO. Tepper just wants the press.