• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC makes the cover of Madden

1 hour ago, toldozer said:

You've never worked a job huh? If management sucks, all your coworkers are morons and you don't start looking for another job while doing the least you can while you're still there then you're as dumb as management.  Luke retired when he saw that clown show come to town. Go ahead and poo on him too. Is he soft? It's not a loser mindset when you're smart enough to know that you're never going to win with the management you have. 

Luke could have asked for a trade and continued to make millions of dollars. He walked away from the game because of injuries. He was wearing a neck collar to try to prevent future concussions because he knew they were going to eventually take their toll on his mind/body. Luke is still involved and in 2020 was a scout for Carolina. I don’t think he would have taken a scouting job if he thought he was working under a clown show. Patrick Willis also retired early as well and he was top of the league at the same position. 

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

It blows my mind anyone could call him soft.  Guy would have every other color on the field on his jersey after every game.  Looked like he went to war every week for a team that pretty much stunk every year he was here.

You're more than welcome to root for him on the 49ers.

My opinion is only for me.

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You're more than welcome to root for him on the 49ers.

My opinion is only for me.

I already do root for him.  I root for DJ Moore too.  I don't hold weird grudges against players that gave their all for our team and ended up getting dealt elsewhere.

But you do you.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I already do root for him.  I root for DJ Moore too.  I don't hold weird grudges against players that gave their all for our team and ended up getting dealt elsewhere.

But you do you.

He gave his all for a couple of seasons, then the Panthers made CMC the highest paid RB in the league and he decided to take vacations with his fiancée during the season while nursing minor injuries.

He didnt really want to be here anymore, he tanked his trade value and got the hell out of town. I cant root for guy like that either, but you do you. 

• Pie 1

On 6/12/2024 at 8:49 AM, CamWhoaaCam said:

You got life all wrong my man.

When things get tough you rather quit then work through it with your teammates. If you ever played competitive sports you should know this.

Win as a team and lose as a team. If 1 person is not all in then let him quit. He was never with us.

Sorry but your little man was SOFT! You don't deal with injuries at that position then all of a sudden become a workhorse for your new team and not get injured at all.

Fug CMC and I mean every word!

Stop comparing your 8th grade football days to professional football. He was absolutely milking injuries and looking out for himself and I have zero problem with it. Look what he was surrounded by and tell me anyone in his position would put blood sweat and tears into the poo show. He wasn't the only one on the team to do so. At least he wasn't mailing it in on the field

• Pie 1

On 6/12/2024 at 9:39 AM, ForJimmy said:

Luke could have asked for a trade and continued to make millions of dollars. He walked away from the game because of injuries. He was wearing a neck collar to try to prevent future concussions because he knew they were going to eventually take their toll on his mind/body. Luke is still involved and in 2020 was a scout for Carolina. I don’t think he would have taken a scouting job if he thought he was working under a clown show. Patrick Willis also retired early as well and he was top of the league at the same position. 

He scouted for 1 year and got the fug out of dodge because Rhule is a proven moron.  All his teammates and coaches were gone. Tepper and Rhule killed the panthers. I'm not saying health didn't play a part but if Luke thought we had any chance of competing I don't think he would have quit

Edited by toldozer
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Stop comparing your 8th grade football days to professional football. He was absolutely milking injuries and looking out for himself and I have zero problem with it. Look what he was surrounded by and tell me anyone in his position would put blood sweat and tears into the poo show. He wasn't the only one on the team to do so. At least he wasn't mailing it in on the field

He's soft!

I don't care about your opinion. End of discussion.

9 minutes ago, toldozer said:

He scouted for 1 year and got the fug out of dodge because Rhule is a proven moron.  All his teammates and coaches were gone. Tepper and Rhule killed the panthers. I'm not saying health didn't play a part but if Luke thought we had any chance of competing I don't think he would have quit

He is still pretty involved with the current team. He retired for heath reasons or he would have simply asked for a trade. Retiring because you don’t trust the staff then immediately taking a job for that staff as a scout makes no sense….

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He's soft!

I don't care about your opinion. End of discussion.

I'm sure he's devastated that you don't like him and think he's soft. I do agree that I've responded to you way too much. 

7 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I'm sure he's devastated that you don't like him and think he's soft. I do agree that I've responded to you way too much. 

Yeah man I don't see the big deal. I played football we develop a brotherhood and I was coached to never quit on your teammates no matter how bad the situation is.

I think CMC is a good person. My issue was with him milking injuries because we were in a bad situation. I can never respect that as a competitor especially from my own teammate.

Some people may disagree that's fine.

On 6/13/2024 at 6:49 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah man I don't see the big deal. I played football we develop a brotherhood and I was coached to never quit on your teammates no matter how bad the situation is.

I think CMC is a good person. My issue was with him milking injuries because we were in a bad situation. I can never respect that as a competitor especially from my own teammate.

Some people may disagree that's fine.

I played a little ball myself in what feels like ages ago now and once played for a college football hall of fame inductee. He preached some about playing with your teammates but the never give up mindset is what he really wanted and most importantly he often lectured on knowing your assignment and doing your own individual job at the highest level possible. I don't know how the old fella would have felt about CMC pulling back when it was a poo show with idiot coaching to protect himself because this coach was a former national championship winner and a proven winner in life as well who worked with other very capable intelligent winners who expected the very best of themselves. I guess the best situation would have been for CMC to have never been in that situation with such poor coaching and perhaps this would not have even been a subject.

Edited by Ricky Prickles

53 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I played a little ball myself in what feels like ages ago now and once played for a college football hall of fame inductee. He preached some about playing with your teammates but the never give up mindset is what he really wanted and most importantly he often lectured on knowing your assignment and doing your own individual job at the highest level possible. I don't know how the old fella would have felt about CMC pulling back when it was a poo show with idiot coaching to protect himself because this coach was a former national championship winner and a proven winner in life as well who worked with other very capable intelligent winners who expected the very best of themselves. I guess the best situation would have been for CMC to have never been in that situation with such poor coaching and perhaps this would not have even been a subject.

I know I didn't play football at the highest level, but I was a rb for 3 years. To make the long story short my senior season I knew we had a chance to win state championship. The team we had the year before was led by our junior class. I sacrificed moving to a weaker position because I knew I had a more talented faster RB behind me. Cut the long story short we make it all the way to the last round before state championship. Early in the game I had a groin injury. But I didn't tell my teammates. I sucked it up and played until halftime. That was when my HC knew I could no longer help my team. Mind you this was in the mountains in Cherokee. It was ice cold the field felt like we were playing on cement. We would go on to lose that game by 40. 

My thing is at least try to play through injuries. If you hurt let the coaches bring you out the game. I always had that mindset because that was how I was coached coming up. I would never milk injuries just because my team sucked. Especially when I know I was one of the better players on the team.

CMC a good guy off the field, but when I say fug him as a player I really mean it. He wasn't all in with the Panthers. I just can't respect that as a former football player. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I know I didn't play football at the highest level, but I was a rb for 3 years. To make the long story short my senior season I knew we had a chance to win state championship. The team we had the year before was led by our junior class. I sacrificed moving to a weaker position because I knew I had a more talented faster RB behind me. Cut the long story short we make it all the way to the last round before state championship. Early in the game I had a groin injury. But I didn't tell my teammates. I sucked it up and played until halftime. That was when my HC knew I could no longer help my team. Mind you this was in the mountains in Cherokee. It was ice cold the field felt like we were playing on cement. We would go on to lose that game by 40. 

My thing is at least try to play through injuries. If you hurt let the coaches bring you out the game. I always had that mindset because that was how I was coached coming up. I would never milk injuries just because my team sucked. Especially when I know I was one of the better players on the team.

CMC a good guy off the field, but when I say fug him as a player I really mean it. He wasn't all in with the Panthers. I just can't respect that as a former football player. 

You still played and the level in which you played in my eyes makes no difference. A lot of the "expert arm chair QB's" on here who critique everything I guarantee never played a down in their life beyond maybe 6th grade so their opinions mean squat for the most part in my eyes especially if they comment on playing through pain or with injuries. Their only injuries was carpal tunnel from playing their nintendos or whacking off. O may not totally agree with your take on CMC but you stated it in a respectful manner and backed it up with your own personal experience so I respect that opinion either way.

• Beer 1