• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stadium Renovation Talk

1 hour ago, Killah_Ray said:

Honestly the city view was one of the perks of the stadium…to have it replaced with a dome seems asinine…

Does anything talk about a dome? 

Tepper did a 180 on a lot to stuff he first talked on.   I still think the RH deal was sabatoged intentionally by Tepper simply because being in RH actually made no sense for them and they realized that after it started.  Charlotte is where the training facility makes the most practical sense.  

there was an interview somewhere with Tepper where he said he had the dome part wrong and didn’t want it now.  But that could of been BS I guess 

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

There was a discussion about it for over a year.  $1.2B split between Panthers and the city.  Almost certain they will put a roof over BofA and probably add more seats.  Locals are pissed about the expense so city and Tepper kept it hush hush.

That was my guess but I'm on the coast and haven't seen anything about it here. I'm surprised they pushed that through given the times but not at all that there unhappy locals in that deal 

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, CRA said:

Does anything talk about a dome? 

Tepper did a 180 on a lot to stuff he first talked on.   I still think the RH deal was sabatoged intentionally by Tepper simply because being in RH actually made no sense for them and they realized that after it started.  Charlotte is where the training facility makes the most practical sense.  

there was an interview somewhere with Tepper where he said he had the done part wrong and didn’t want it now.  But that could of been BS I guess 

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/city-discussed-12-billion-framework-panthers-stadium-renovations/GPQZECP3AZAWHBQSMPQ5CZTEA4/?outputType=amp

Sources say the city is exploring a stadium renovation project with a new practice facility at the location of the current practice bubble. A dome is not part of the renovation package at this time.

FYI…Nashville just agreed to 1.26 billion for the titans.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

So the jaguars are building the "stadium of the future"for roughly the same cost

Retrofitting the JAX stadium, with a covered seating area.

They'll play in the stadium during most of the construction (with one season limiting capacity to the mid 40k's), and playing one season in Orlando before returning to JAX.

Locals are wondering why they're putting this much money into the stadium if the team plays 2 games a year in London.

3 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

BOA is the best location for the stadium so I am glad for that at least. I bet it’s going to take a massive amount of work to update it to current standards though

as an actual fan, I don't give 2 poos about updating to current standards.  Updating to current standards is just about money from people that don't care about actual football.   I care about having a winning team and a good team.  Not much else. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

BOA is the best location for the stadium so I am glad for that at least. I bet it’s going to take a massive amount of work to update it to current standards though

WAS the best until most of the good tailgating spots got developed.  Does everyone tailgate in parking garages now--specifically on the north side?

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

as an actual fan, I don't give 2 poos about updating to current standards.  Updating to current standards is just about money from people that don't care about actual football.   I care about having a winning team and a good team.  Not much else. 

I mean I’m with you there. I think the stadium is fine as it is myself. I enjoy the skyline view. Just wish the beer was cheaper and the team was better lol. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

WAS the best until most of the good tailgating spots got developed.  Does everyone tailgate in parking garages now--specifically on the north side?

goal is always to move you from your cheap drinking tailgate areas....into a "better place".  Where you can pay someone large sums to drink the same beer you were drinking for cheap. 

• Pie 1