• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The HDMI cable scam...

TheSaint

2 channels. Surround sound is a myth. Go read up on any expert sound technician.

You have two ears. The signal can be in stereo or mono. That is IT.

Dual or single. That is IT.

The surround sound is a funky little thing to get people to buy stuff they don't really need.

So you have speakers behind you. That still produce sound in stereo.

To be technically correct on sound meshed with the video signal, two high quality speakers beside your tv is really all you need.

The brain is not going to recognize 4 channel in it's true sense. So you have two in front, two in the back. The brain will not be able to simultaneously "understand" the bicameral sounds that are going on.

One more or less washes the other out.

What you said makes since but IMO I can tell the difference when I watch a movie in 2 channels opposed to when its 6 channels. The audio seems more crisp and there are alot more frequencies you dont hear in 2 channel. Then again if you have bad hearing it would not matter so that would be a factor to think about.

I seriously think Best Buy brainwashes their employees.

Seriously.

There the new Circuit City for sure. They do have some kickass deals sometimes though. So I shop online so I am not bothered by there pesky sellsmen.

do BB employees even have brains? They are horrible for the most part.

They dont know when to leave you alone, and they dont know when to help.

Had a guy trying to "help" me with a laptop for an hour. Repeatedly told him i was just looking and comparing. When i finally made my choice, it took him forever to finally get it for me.

I buy most of my stuff on-line unless I need it right away. I got a 6' HDMI cable off Amazon for 2 bucks.

BB is annoying. Don't get me started on the extended warranties they try to sell. I've had to tell them "if you bring up the extended warranty again I'm walking out of this store" in order to get them to shut up about it.

Having been in sales for awhile, I can't understand why more salesmen don't give you an hours worth of free information so you can walk out of the store and try and find it cheaper elsewhere? What kind of (wo)men are these?

Plus when they sell something that's had its margin whittled down to nothing, they dare try to sell high margin accessories?

WE'RE ALL GOING TO HELL!!!!!11!11

withholding information is one thing; outright lying is another.

Don't want your customers to feel betrayed and belittled? Don't fill your minimum wage flunkies' heads with fabricated garbage about overpriced crap.

They're paid minimum wage because pretty much all the American consumer wants and pretty much all they care about is low prices.

That's why we have Big Box stores filled with Chinese crap with no one around to help...it's what we've demanded.

I will always pay more if the item is superior to another. Still dont sell me regular beans and tell me there magic. Also we dont demand Chinese crap the manufactures do and so dose everyone else for that matter. Where do you think half of your food you eat in the grocery stores comes from. Yup China.

I've been through this 10,000 times

Customer: Which one of these wasn't made in China! I'm not buying any of their crap!

Salesman: Well, this one was made in Korea and actually performs better.

Customer: But it's $150 more!

Salesman: Yes but it's much better quality.

Customer: Well, I'm gonna keep looking.

Customer walks away to save face and later comes back for the Chinese piece.

Americans always SAY they want quality but always end up on the whole stuck on price.

And only idiots buy Monster cables. Same suckers that buy the undercoating when they're getting a car.

Surprised no one has bought up HH Gregg. I recently bought a Samsung 40 LCD HDTV from them. They pushed hard for their Surge Protector, wall mount, warranty and cables. I RAPED them on the price for the TV though. $900, which at the time the cheapest I could find the TV was $1200-$1500 everywhere else, plus I financed it for 2 years, zero interest.

It was the same time I was buying teh new whirlpool washer dryer w/ steam option. I went to every major appliance place in town. I wanted the W&D set, with a warranty.

HH's warranty was like $500-600 for the washer dryer. I went to lowes, and not only was the base price of the washer and dryer $120 cheaper, their warranty, like $400 less.

Not to mention I ended up getting the pedestals free, which by the way are a major RIP OFF. Talk about a retarded rip off, $500 for both Pedestals

Just for the record:

Consumers taking advantage of loss leaders and abusing return policies = GOOD!

Companies trying to make up money lost on lost leaders by selling high margin accessories = EVIL CAPITALIST SATANIC RIP OFF!

It's all good to play the game, just remember there are two players who have equal right to the money.

Archived