• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

From the ground up: How the Panthers are retooling Bryce Young's footwork to slow down time

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope so. The worst case scenario might actually be the most likely scenario. Bryce incrementally improves enough to make us think he might still be able to be a capable starting QB. Not an elite starting QB, but "good enough".

I want one or the other. I want him to make a huge leap and having me saying "alright y'all I was wrong, he is HIM" or I want him to just suck ass again and look no better so we all know we have to move on. The danger zone is that gray area in between.

The 'Alex Smith Purgatory'.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope so. The worst case scenario might actually be the most likely scenario. Bryce incrementally improves enough to make us think he might still be able to be a capable starting QB. Not an elite starting QB, but "good enough".

I want one or the other. I want him to make a huge leap and having me saying "alright y'all I was wrong, he is HIM" or I want him to just suck ass again and look no better so we all know we have to move on. The danger zone is that gray area in between.

This is in no way a rebuild of his lazy footwork. It’s a total greenfield, parts bin, project. Welcome to a bad team, it’s now your job to make it better. 

He either gets an at least average arm, which last season wasn’t even close, or you cut bait.  I really, really, really hope it happens. Modern NFL film study?? Short passing scheme, weak arm, guaranteed pick 6 fest, and the point is inarguable. 

Like I said in another thread, if past prime Brees, Kamara, Payton and their solid o line couldn’t get there with the short passing game scheme and no deep pass threat, what makes anyone think this team can. There HAS to be the threat of connecting deep, or we will live in 3rd and 8, 47 yd FG, unwatchable football hell. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, KSpan said:

The 'Alex Smith Purgatory'.

Smith was tradable and his teams kept drafting QBs around him. I'm thinking that is more Tua purgatory.

Edited by Waldo
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Smith was tradable and his teams kept drafting QBs around him. I'm thinking that is more Tua purgatory.

Same situation though. Smith was traded for a 2nd and next-year's 3rd and then a CB and 3rd. I'm sure the Dolphins could orchestrate those deals if they wanted to.

With respect to Tua, it still blows my mind that they didn't travel to KC until the 11th/12th for that polar game on the 13th. Like, get there early and start acclimating... they just withered as that game went along.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, KSpan said:

Same situation though. Smith was traded for a 2nd and next-year's 3rd and then a CB and 3rd. I'm sure the Dolphins could orchestrate those deals if they wanted to.

With respect to Tua, it still blows my mind that they didn't travel to KC until the 11th/12th for that polar game on the 13th. Like, get there early and start acclimating... they just withered as that game went along.

Yup, it is but they fall in love with their guy when they should treat it as a business. Hell we did it with Delhomme because there was a point where it was obvious and they wouldn't bring in anyone that was close to a threat.

That game was rough for Miami but they also didn't win a game against a team with a winning record when they met them. They just look amazing against trash and mediocre teams. Still showing up to that game in that weather, or even the normal bad weather, that unprepared was just dumb. I know Miami fans and that's a thing that's been known since the Shula times.

Edited by Waldo

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree on this.  Either we know or we dont...i am not with the in-between BS.

2 hours ago, strato said:

At this point I doubt anyone else would bring Bryce in to be their starter. Just us. I hope he is better by a lot not just a little.

Im still waiting on a Bryce young supporter to tell me his trade value.