• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Least excitment before any season?

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Oh, I am gonna still watch. NFL Sunday is a tradition I plan to keep. 

Someone has to bare witness to what happens. It's hard to complain if you don't sit through it all. 

Sitting Marisa Tomei GIF

Oh I watched the 1-15 season and last years 2-15 season.  I'll watch this year.  Eventually they have to get it right?  Right?? 

I used to get more worked up about it, but if you can turn the switch and make it a purely entertainment hobby it's a lot easier.  

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Someone has to bare witness to what happens. It's hard to complain if you don't sit through it all. 

Sitting Marisa Tomei GIF

Yeah, the difference is now that I really don't care what happens at all. I am just an interested observer/glutton fof punishment.

Then I will call up a couple of buddies and we can bitch and rant for about an hour sometime that week. 

It’s been bad football, compared to other teams.

I feel a lot better since I went to delayed replays that come up ad free too, and decide when I want to watch them rather than giving up the Sunday only to be miserable. I just stay away from the NFL all day which isn’t hard I don’t play FF any more.

If I some how see or hear the score it doesn’t bother me because the games don’t matter, I’m still gonna watch the plays get run.

2 minutes ago, strato said:

It’s been bad football, compared to other teams.

I feel a lot better since I went to delayed replays that come up ad free too, and decide when I want to watch them rather than giving up the Sunday only to be miserable. I just stay away from the NFL all day which isn’t hard I don’t play FF any more.

If I some how see or hear the score it doesn’t bother me because the games don’t matter, I’m still gonna watch the plays get run.

I mean, the Tepper era has only been bad if you compare us to every other NFL team that exists.  As well as every other professional sports team in America. 

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, the difference is now that I really don't care what happens at all. I am just an interested observer/glutton fof punishment.

Then I will call up a couple of buddies and we can bitch and rant for about an hour sometime that week. 

I stopped getting upset about a week after our last SB appearance. I've just been an indifferent fan ever since. I'm just along for the ride.

57 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I stopped getting upset about a week after our last SB appearance. I've just been an indifferent fan ever since. I'm just along for the ride.

I officially gave up last year. All the BS was just so obvious that I couldn't ignore if anymore. 

We aren't going to be poo with this owner. He is an idiot. A very confident idiot, which is the worst kind.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I officially gave up last year. All the BS was just so obvious that I couldn't ignore if anymore. 

We aren't going to be poo with this owner. He is an idiot. A very confident idiot, which is the worst kind.

I get the impression that Teppers the sling poo against the wall until something works kinda guy. That seems to have been his approach so far. 

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I get the impression that Teppers the sling poo against the wall until something works kinda guy. That seems to have been his approach so far. 

I think they just keep convincing themselves they have a plan. The truth is, they are just blindly floundering.

Maybe one day they will learn from all the fuging up. I haven't seen much evidence that Tepper is self aware enough to realize he is a massive reason this franchise is a mess. He seems to be convinced that it's others failing him.

• Beer 1

Last season after the draft was mine. I didn’t like the Bryce pick, didn’t think he fit the system at all. He was my qb3 in the draft and the Panthers gave all that capital to get him. This would probably be second for me. 

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I think they just keep convincing themselves they have a plan. The truth is, they are just blindly floundering.

Maybe one day they will learn from all the fuging up. I haven't seen much evidence that Tepper is self aware enough to realize he is a massive reason this franchise is a mess. He seems to be convinced that it's others failing him.

The two signs of hope I kind of see are

1. He hired an outside firm to help make his hires this time.  One that has had success doing so for other teams.  

2. He said he is staying in the background now.  I now people are doubting that but the fact he is actually saying that in public means he is some what aware.  

27 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Last season after the draft was mine. I didn’t like the Bryce pick, didn’t think he fit the system at all. He was my qb3 in the draft and the Panthers gave all that capital to get him. This would probably be second for me. 

That was me as well, I was holding out hope that all the reports were wrong. 

Then stroud had a MVP type season helping the team reach the playoff..... made me hate the pick even more..... plus its a 4 year sat-back if young truly can not play. At this point in my life, 4 more years just is not on my menu. 

• Pie 1