• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Least excitment before any season?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, NAS said:

At this point, the franchise is almost unrecognizable.  We had so much pride in the Panthers even when we had the worst record in 2001, 2010.  Tepper has kind of taken the soul out of this team, its identity.  For all his faults, Jerry Richardson was respected, instilled a certain kind of identity of pride, toughness, resilience, etc.  The "keep pounding" identity has become just a saying now, we'll see if Dan Morgan and Dave Canales can truly bring it back in spite of Tepper being a terrible owner

They cancelled JR big time.

Until I see the actual accurate account of the racist slur part of the ‘case’, I am not judging him on it. People lose their temper and say poo sometimes because they want to hurt the other person and can’t come up with a reasonable insult. That is why people call people names, as far as I can understand. 

It happens. People get pissed and say stupid things they wish they hadn’t. That is a fact. I would like the real details before I go into judgement mode. 

When I was young and pretty I worked an assembly job at a GE TV plant for about 6 months. My line supervisor was gay and he didn’t ever touch me with his hands but man oh man he harassed the hell out of me. (You can’t move on an assembly line, but you supervisor can). I needed the job so I dealt with it. It sucks, but you know he never got any satisfaction and I didn’t sue him or GE. I put up with his poo for the paycheck. I left when I could, end of story. No boo hoo and boycotts and lawsuits.

Some of these people who get these settlements, I wonder really, how bad was it that you couldn’t endure it for that probably pretty good paycheck. 

So I am one who thinks on balance, what I know *for a fact* about JR doesn’t make him a bad enough guy to be forced to sell the team he started. ( edit: I really am fine with condemnation, but need facts before I go there).

Something tells me Tepper was afoot in that poo.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

22 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I would argue that he hasn't proven he can manage a game yet. He has been a less TO prone, less idiotic and substantially less talented Sam Darnold to date.

On another note Sam darnold is looking pretty go so far in minnesota.

2 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

On another note Sam darnold is looking pretty go so far in minnesota.

I mean.....you don't get into the HOF in the offseason.

Darnold has zero NFL future as anything other than a backup QB or ultra low tier starter. He has conclusively proven that. It's not even a question. 

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I mean.....you don't get into the HOF in the offseason.

Darnold has zero NFL future as anything other than a backup QB or ultra low tier starter. He has conclusively proven that. It's not even a question. 

I mean...i dont recall saying any of this. I just said he has looked good so far in the off season and he could be the starter going into the season based off that.

2 hours ago, strato said:

They cancelled JR big time.

Until I see the actual accurate account of the racist slur part of the ‘case’, I am not judging him on it. People lose their temper and say poo sometimes because they want to hurt the other person and can’t come up with a reasonable insult. That is why people call people names, as far as I can understand. 

It happens. People get pissed and say stupid things they wish they hadn’t. That is a fact. I would like the real details before I go into judgement mode. 

When I was young and pretty I worked an assembly job at a GE TV plant for about 6 months. My line supervisor was gay and he didn’t ever touch me with his hands but man oh man he harassed the hell out of me. (You can’t move on an assembly line, but you supervisor can). I needed the job so I dealt with it. It sucks, but you know he never got any satisfaction and I didn’t sue him or GE. I put up with his poo for the paycheck. I left when I could, end of story. No boo hoo and boycotts and lawsuits.

Some of these people who get these settlements, I wonder really, how bad was it that you couldn’t endure it for that probably pretty good paycheck. 

So I am one who thinks on balance, what I know *for a fact* about JR doesn’t make him a bad enough guy to be forced to sell the team he started. ( edit: I really am fine with condemnation, but need facts before I go there).

Something tells me Tepper was afoot in that poo.

I mean, given where he was from and his age, I'd be a little shocked if JR wasn't at least somewhat racist. That said, he wasn't Marge Schott. It seems like a lot of the players had an affinity towards him so he clearly wasn't a monster. 

The creepy old man stuff? That is super believeable. He is from a time where that was more accepted and also a powerful and rich person. That isn't hard to believe at all.

Now, I will always wonder why he ended up in the crosshairs of the NFL. Something seemed fishy about that, especially when guys like Snyder lasted so long.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I mean...i dont recall saying any of this. I just said he has looked good so far in the off season and he could be the starter going into the season based off that.

Yeah, that's my point. That literally means nothing. His literal MO is melting down when it matters and the bullets are real. He has proven that at three different franchises so far. Do you really expect that to change suddenly?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, that's my point. That literally means nothing. His literal MO is melting down when it matters and the bullets are real. He has proven that at three different franchises so far. Do you really expect that to change suddenly?

Nobody has ever doubted Darnold's physical attributes or work ethic in practice.  He can sling it.  

But at this point, his mental make up is what it is. He will never have the composure to deal with pressure and stay composed.  He is a good back up in the NFL, that's all.  

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Once again....i never was alluding to that. You are getting into something even deeper that i didnt care nothing to talk about. Of course i know what Sam Darnold is whether i think he is gonna somehow change his career around is a whole other thing. Idk if will and i really dont care. 

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Once again....i never was alluding to that. You are getting into something even deeper that i didnt care nothing to talk about. Of course i know what Sam Darnold is whether i think he is gonna somehow change his career around is a whole other thing. Idk if will and i really dont care. 

Then why even mention him doing well in practice? What purpose did it serve?

If you weren't alluding to that, what were you alluding to in relation to the Bryce/Darnold comment?

1 hour ago, NAS said:

Nobody has ever doubted Darnold's physical attributes or work ethic in practice.  He can sling it.  

But at this point, his mental make up is what it is. He will never have the composure to deal with pressure and stay composed.  He is a good back up in the NFL, that's all.  

Yeah and he isn't the first or the last mega talented guy to not have the mental makeup to be an elite player.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, given where he was from and his age, I'd be a little shocked if JR wasn't at least somewhat racist. That said, he wasn't Marge Schott. It seems like a lot of the players had an affinity towards him so he clearly wasn't a monster. 

The creepy old man stuff? That is super believeable. He is from a time where that was more accepted and also a powerful and rich person. That isn't hard to believe at all.

Now, I will always wonder why he ended up in the crosshairs of the NFL. Something seemed fishy about that, especially when guys like Snyder lasted so long.

Pretty much agree. There is little doubt that JR heard stuff around his dinner table growing up and it goes from there. I heard that stuff, when I was 10. Grandparents. Bet yours said some stuff too lol.

You get in the world and learn, hopefully. Personally I am pretty much of the MLK value system and try and go case by case with people. All kinds of people. I do think that JR probably evolved through playing with guys and having players on his team that he got to know. And maybe the Black guy would call him a cracker or ofay or whatever. Tempers flare poo gets said sometimes. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Then why even mention him doing well in practice? What purpose did it serve?

If you weren't alluding to that, what were you alluding to in relation to the Bryce/Darnold comment?

Jesus christ dude...get some air. I'm done with this.