• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Least excitment before any season?

30 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The two signs of hope I kind of see are

1. He hired an outside firm to help make his hires this time.  One that has had success doing so for other teams.  

2. He said he is staying in the background now.  I now people are doubting that but the fact he is actually saying that in public means he is some what aware.  

I think point two is literally a lie. Snyder said the same but he returned because it "wasn't fun." Tepper is a far worse owner than Snyder to date, so I don't expect him to learn any more than Snyder did.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think point two is literally a lie. Snyder said the same but he returned because it "wasn't fun." Tepper is a far worse owner than Snyder to date, so I don't expect him to learn any more than Snyder did.

It could be, but the fact that he felt a need to say it shows he is somewhat aware.

Young is the game manager type who needs an awesome team around him to have a good season imo. We don’t have that obviously. We’re rebuilding, so my expectations are through the floor. I’m not that excited for this season, but I’ll still watch all the games and come in here and complain.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Young is the game manager type who needs an awesome team around him to have a good season imo. We don’t have that obviously. We’re rebuilding, so my expectations are through the floor. I’m not that excited for this season, but I’ll still watch all the games and come in here and complain.

I would argue that he hasn't proven he can manage a game yet. He has been a less TO prone, less idiotic and substantially less talented Sam Darnold to date.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I would argue that he hasn't proven he can manage a game yet. He has been a less TO prone, less idiotic and substantially less talented Sam Darnold to date.

If you count the strip sack turnovers aren't they kinda a wash on TO prone? Command/leadership quality seems like a wash too so far

Zero excitement on my end. Last season I had a glimmer of hope Bryce would be entertaining even in losing but he was terrible. This season I suppose has a little hope but I’ve been beat down by the Tepper years. 

12 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm watching every game no matter what. Good, bad or indifferent I'm watching.  Nut up you babies, you cannot handle adversity at all. 

I understand that, but for me I find the NFL boring now. Otherwise I'd be right there with ya.

At this point, the franchise is almost unrecognizable.  We had so much pride in the Panthers even when we had the worst record in 2001, 2010.  Tepper has kind of taken the soul out of this team, its identity.  For all his faults, Jerry Richardson was respected, instilled a certain kind of identity of pride, toughness, resilience, etc.  The "keep pounding" identity has become just a saying now, we'll see if Dan Morgan and Dave Canales can truly bring it back in spite of Tepper being a terrible owner

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)

the only thing that I would say that I am truly excited about before the season starts is that the Carolina Panthers have probably like a 90% chance of  having a top 5 pick in next year's draft

Edited by bandu
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1