• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Least excitment before any season?

1 minute ago, RJK said:

I’ll tune in game 1 but if Bryce looks like poo I’m out

I might not make it past preseason lol. The footwork and basic tendencies will either be improved or be the same old same old once guys from opposing teams can actually try and tackle him, preseason or not. If it's the latter I'll probably tune back in if Dalton takes over as starter

• Beer 2

Even the harshest critics should wait a few weeks. New offense, new coaches, new players, all that.

Even with 4 preseason games the 1st week was never a good indicator. With only three now, I am telling myself it is 2 games before poo gets really real. 

I did that every year, just totally didn’t ascribe a ton of importance to what happened Week 1 good or bad. 

That said, last year in game one I was completely confused, hurt and angry lol. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Feels like the team hasn’t bottomed out yet and we’re years from competing. The Young trade is devastating. If we’re lucky the team will draft well but it’ll take years.

i try to be optimistic but it seems guaranteed that Young is going to suck again. How many rookie QBs with terrible seasons turn it around?  

1 hour ago, Donald LaFell said:

Feels like the team hasn’t bottomed out yet and we’re years from competing. The Young trade is devastating. If we’re lucky the team will draft well but it’ll take years.

i try to be optimistic but it seems guaranteed that Young is going to suck again. How many rookie QBs with terrible seasons turn it around?  

I'm sure someone will bring up Peyton Manning soon enough, like a 6'5" gunslinger has anything to do with a 5'10" game manager

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

I would say 2022 is worse. Everyone except the most diehard homers knew that season was going to suck.

While I hated keeping Rhule, I thought if he still kept sucking, it would be an easy path to number 1. Firing him 5 games into the season then winning meaningless games just made it worse. We weren't making a deep run even if we made the wildcard with a losing record. That whole season was pointless, but at least I was optimistic an owner with 1/4 of a brain couldn't muck it up. Ahhh Dave.... 

Edited by SmokinwithWilly

4 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

New Orleans on the road first game of the season in that arena......lol

Might be a long day

For some reason I feel like we are going to win it somehow and then get our asses kicked the next 3-4 weeks. 

I’m more excited about this one than I have been in a while. Wasn’t on the Reich train last year at all. I felt like Rhule should have been fired at the end of 22. I hated the changes going into the 2nd Rhule year, mostly because I hated the Rhule hire the year before. 

I was excited in 19 last time I guess because I hoped changing to a 3-4 and Cam coming back from the 2018 shoulder would bring us back in the form we had before he hurt it.

I guess I’m excited this season because I don’t think we can get any worse and the mood is more positive with this staff. Plus, I think Morgan will make better football decisions than Fitterer even though they worked together. I think Morgan just lingered in the background. 

Example-2022 Draft everyone is cheering after a pick and then they pause and look at Morgan who is on his phone. He glances up says “good pick” and goes back to minding his business. 

I've always been super pumped up for the upcoming season but I've never been so uninterested in a new season. After six years under Dipper I've been left at end of season drunken and wallowing in my own piss... not invested in the team right now but hope Canales and Morgan make a good team together...

12 hours ago, strato said:

Even the harshest critics should wait a few weeks. New offense, new coaches, new players, all that.

Even with 4 preseason games the 1st week was never a good indicator. With only three now, I am telling myself it is 2 games before poo gets really real. 

I did that every year, just totally didn’t ascribe a ton of importance to what happened Week 1 good or bad. 

That said, last year in game one I was completely confused, hurt and angry lol. 

same here. i was nervous...i mean really nervous with that first game. something just didn't sit well with me. typically i want to watch the games with other people, but that one i just wanted to watch it by myself because i didn't know what to expect. turns out i had good reason to be because we sucked and there was nothing to feel good about. usually with a new QB or new coaching staff you don't expect everything to go right, but you expect to see flashes of something positive. i saw nothing and 3 games in i knew we were fugged. 

i'm letting myself feel good about what we're doing, but i'm absolutely not confident that it's going to be great. i'm expecting a slow ugly start and i hope it just gets less and less ugly each week.

• Beer 1