• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Blueprint

Of course it has a positive spin to it, why in the world would any team send out a negative narrative?

I found it interesting to get a feel for how the new coaches communicate, what’s their energy like, how intentional they are with the players etc. Good or bad, it is night and day vs. last years staff. That’s a good thing for me.

I always enjoy these this time of year. 

• Pie 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, frankw said:

Do tell. How bad do I think he is since you are apparently a telepath?

I can tell you what the numbers say. He was 46th in passer rating for the season last year.

What do I want to see? Top 15 minimum in most important QB metrics. That is and should be the expectation for him or any other first overall pick. Do you agree?

My expectations of bryce are actually higher. 

Edited by pantherclaw

2.7 seconds. If he can get the ball out in under 2.7 accurately to the medium and short routes then they can have a better offense than we saw last year. 

Someone said he only had 1.5. That happened more than it should have but that was not the norm for the majority of the snaps. Maybe spending $153 million buys a little better than the weak players mostly involved in those 1.5 fails.

Maybe Corbett sucks as a C but let’s at least wait a couple of outings to declare it. If he is adequate at best the OL might become an asset as the year passes. Looking at you Icky. How they help him will be a big part of how well they can operate. I think he needs a lot of help. People were beating him with quickness you have to help him. Unless he just morphs into reliable. 

I do think it’s on Young to protect his tackles and himself by making shallower dropbacks. Canales looks to be taking charge of QB operating procedure and pushing it more conventional which I am for. 

Question on Young, what is he really good at? Because Canales keeps saying he is going to find what Young is good at and lean into that. So whatever he does best along with handing off plenty seems like the plan.

I get afraid when he throws a shallow to the sideline pass of any distance, so they’ll probably do a lot of that. 

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

My expectations of bryce are actually higher. 

11 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I guess that's the difference between you and I franke. 

I can place High expectations on a player and not talk down about them Every chance I get.

I expect to see significant improvement in his footwork his accuracy his deep ball and his performance in all 4 quarters of games. I also expect to see him out there trying to lead the team and bringing energy in moments where we might be trailing or not doing well. That trait is a very specific leading reason of why we drafted him.

In my POV the difference between us is my definition of expectation in this instance in relation to BY is based on real world data and where he ranked last season compared to his peers whereas your definition of expectation seems to be drifting into the fantasy end of the spectrum.

The issue here is that you have a distinct perception that discussion that does not revolve around Bryce Young basically being fitted for a gold jacket after it's all said and done means others must not be loyal Panthers fans. That's something you're going to have to figure out for yourself my friend.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, frankw said:

I expect to see significant improvement in his footwork his accuracy his deep ball and his performance in all 4 quarters of games. I also expect to see him out there trying to lead the team and bringing energy in moments where we might be trailing or not doing well. That trait is a very specific leading reason of why we drafted him.

In my POV the difference between us is my definition of expectation in this instance in relation to BY is based on real world data and where he ranked last season compared to his peers whereas your definition of expectation seems to be drifting into the fantasy end of the spectrum.

The issue here is that you have a distinct perception that discussion that does not revolve around Bryce Young basically being fitted for a gold jacket after it's all said and done means others must not be loyal Panthers fans. That's something you're going to have to figure out for yourself my friend.

Hmmm. I love being told what I think. You should play the lottery man. 

Ultimately we all want the same thing. We want our franchise to be a consistent winner and win the Lombardi, am I right? 

Then stop pretending that we're all that different.  We're not. 

My expectations for Bryce, that nobody including you ever mention the trade ever again unless it's, wow, this one worked out. 

That means he's more than Average. That he leads rhe way I know he's capable of leading. And producing in a way that all of us will be happy. I go into further detail, but it's more of less going to look the same as what you want from Bryce...probably more. 

Stop trying to tell me how I think or feel. If just makes you look stupid AF. 

Edited by pantherclaw

3 hours ago, strato said:

2.7 seconds. If he can get the ball out in under 2.7 accurately to the medium and short routes then they can have a better offense than we saw last year. 

Someone said he only had 1.5. That happened more than it should have but that was not the norm for the majority of the snaps. Maybe spending $153 million buys a little better than the weak players mostly involved in those 1.5 fails.

Maybe Corbett sucks as a C but let’s at least wait a couple of outings to declare it. If he is adequate at best the OL might become an asset as the year passes. Looking at you Icky. How they help him will be a big part of how well they can operate. I think he needs a lot of help. People were beating him with quickness you have to help him. Unless he just morphs into reliable. 

I do think it’s on Young to protect his tackles and himself by making shallower dropbacks. Canales looks to be taking charge of QB operating procedure and pushing it more conventional which I am for. 

Question on Young, what is he really good at? Because Canales keeps saying he is going to find what Young is good at and lean into that. So whatever he does best along with handing off plenty seems like the plan.

I get afraid when he throws a shallow to the sideline pass of any distance, so they’ll probably do a lot of that. 

The Panthers rarely even attempted crossing routes and quick slants last year. It was all outs and screens. It made no sense whatsoever. Either Reich tried to stick it to the organization for going with Bryce, Reich was too stubborn and out of touch, or they simply didn't trust him to make those throws, which doesn't make sense because the few times they did, Bryce lasered the ball in and is generally super accurate within 10 yards. 

I believe Bryce can be successful in a Brees style offense, but this is his last year to show anything or he's not starting again in the NFL so he's already behind the 8 ball. He's got to know that this his last shot, either he has it or he doesn't

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)

The real issue is the fact that this thread had nothing to do with Bryce Young, and yet once again somehow, someway, someone found a way to talk about how bad he is again.  It is just exhausting reading it over and over and over again, like we get it.  Bryce sucks.  And you can't even blame the "Bryce fanboys" because again, nobody had even talked about Bryce in this thread until that post.

Can we not just sticky a "Bryce sucks" thread at the top of the forum?

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 8

The biggest thing going in Panthers land is the QB and the passing game pretty much and the OL and what it will be under Canales. What’s it going to look like. Somewhere down the list are the rest of the topics. So that’s gonna happen.

And the only way that trade gets forgotten is if Young is so much more than he has shown. Sorry. That’s the reality. If he fails it won’t be forgotten because it is probably a top ten disaster if it goes that way. 

No one will care if he is great. 

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

Hmmm. I love being told what I think. You should play the lottery man. 

Ultimately we all want the same thing. We want our franchise to be a consistent winner and win the Lombardi, am I right? 

Then stop pretending that we're all that different.  We're not. 

My expectations for Bryce, that nobody including you ever mention the trade ever again unless it's, wow, this one worked out. 

That means he's more than Average. That he leads rhe way I know he's capable of leading. And producing in a way that all of us will be happy. I go into further detail, but it's more of less going to look the same as what you want from Bryce...probably more. 

Stop trying to tell me how I think or feel. If just makes you look stupid AF. 

Oh pantherclaw.......

Sir.

You yourself began this interaction with the following remark.

5 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

How bad Franke thinks Bryce is.

Now you have dedicated the bulk of a long winded post to as you put it "telling you how you think" and calling me stupid for doing so.

Being above average is the absolute floor for what I expect to see from him this season just an FYI.

Indeed we do want the same things. I'm not better than you and vice versa. We are Panther fans. That's it.

How about we just agree to disagree and call it a day? Good talk.

49 minutes ago, Mage said:

The real issue is the fact that this thread had nothing to do with Bryce Young, and yet once again somehow, someway, someone found a way to talk about how bad he is again.  It is just exhausting reading it over and over and over again, like we get it.  Bryce sucks.  And you can't even blame the "Bryce fanboys" because again, nobody had even talked about Bryce in this thread until that post.

Can we not just sticky a "Bryce sucks" thread at the top of the forum?

The Anti-Bryce Posters have replaced the Bryce Fanboys from before the draft.  It's like they are stuck on repeat.  We might as well bring back @rippadonnif we are wanting to read the same spam constantly on every thread.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, BullCityP said:

Gonna REALLY hate losing him next year

Maybe we I’ll actually hit on our 3rd rd comp picks for him.  Would hate to build out a 3-4 roster than swap back to a 4-3 is one of my fears.