• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pepsi is no longer the #2 soda brand. All hail Dr Pepper

Coke is still the top soda in America. But the runner up spot, long held by Pepsi, now belongs to Dr Pepper.

After years of slowly gaining market share, Dr Pepper inched ahead of Pepsi as the number two soda brand in the country in 2023, according to market share data from Beverage Digest, a trade publication

Coke: 19.2%
Dr Pepper: 8.3%
Pepsi: 8.3% (lower than Dr Pepper when carried out to more decimal places)
Sprite: 8.1%
Diet Coke: 7.8%

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/03/business/dr-pepper-pepsi/index.html 

I drink a lot of Dr.Pepper. I'm on the Pepper Reddit page. The new coconut and creme is awesome, sadly only here a limited time. I bought 4, 12 packs and haven't been able to find them sense.. I only drink 0 calorie soda.  The strawberry flavor is good but classic cherry is still my #1. Once in a while I'll buy the creme soda version. Dr.Pepper is doing a great job adding flavors.

Not what I want to be seeing in the middle of keto flu. The last time I did the keto diet I was already eating cleanly. Went into keto with no ill effects. This time I went keto following a week long vacation of eating like complete poo. Would not recommend. Clean up you diet for a bit first.

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

In my 30's sodas are no longer a consistent thing for me.

But every now and then I will drink a Dr. Pepper.

Btw if you drink Mtn Dew seek help. That stuff literally taste like sweet syrup. 

It's all literally just unnaturally sweet syrup mixed with carbonated water.

Pepsi was about the only soda I drank when I did drink them. I gave up soda about 10 years ago and don't miss it. Don't know what it was about the Navy, but it always seemed to me a lot of guys drank a lot of soda when I was in. I had guys that worked for me who got up in the morning and a soda and cigarette were the first 2 things in their hands. 

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's all literally just unnaturally sweet syrup mixed with carbonated water.

Yeah I know that, but you can't convince me Mtn Dew has a more distinctive sweet flavor than all the other sodas.

Just thinking about makes me want to vomit. 

18 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah I know that, but you can't convince me Mtn Dew has a more distinctive sweet flavor than all the other sodas.

Just thinking about makes me want to vomit. 

I agree it tastes sweeter but looking at the sugar content they're all roughly about equally bad.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree it tastes sweeter but looking at the sugar content they're all roughly about equally bad.

Yeah I stopped drinking that stuff when I started feeling like crap. Amazing as you get older your body reacts differently to things you drink/eat in your teens/20's.

So glad I fell in love with the gym. 

• Pie 1

i rarely ever drink carbonated drinks of any kind. last night went to a cookout and all they had to drink was carbonated drinks. didn't think ahead so i didn't bring anything.

i tried a can of dr. pepper and a can of pepsi...dr. pepper was much better. pepsi just didn't have much taste.