• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stroud was salty panthers didn't draft him

https://x.com/KeepBlitzin/status/1797649317513290235?t=jTpzyt0bMGhea4mZVCnzAQ&s=19

Talks about a situation during the panthers game where there was trash talk. Apparently Franklin shouted some things at him after a TD and his teammate responded to franklin and roasted his teeth. 

I guess he did want that game pretty badly which they ended up losing but I always thought it was dumb to think he didn't take it to heart when we passed him up but a lot of people did for some reason

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Exactly.  We were widely regarded as a playoff ready team that just needed a QB.  Bryce Young dragged the team down, period.  

Hahahaha. Yeah buddy keep telling yourself that. Totally were a playoff team last year 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Of course he was the look on his face after the first pick was announced said everything. Someone within the building overruled the pick and the rest is history.

I don't blame him one bit for using any of it as extra motivation. That's what a player worthy of the #1 pick is supposed to do. Keep talking poo about the Panthers the powers that be deserve to have their noses rubbed in it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

8 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Hahahaha. Yeah buddy keep telling yourself that. Totally were a playoff team last year 

Expectations were already low for folks who weren't caught in nonsensical hype, and Bryce still underdelivered. Both things can be, and are, true.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

He went to a far better situation. He should be happy.

Foe sure. I lived in Charlotte and Houston for almost the same number years (5 and 6, respectively). Stroud would've been fine in Charlotte but he and Houston actually fit together like a hand in glove. He just works for that identity in that city much like Harden did for the Rockets. Houston is a big time, gaudy metropolis that's the geographic size of Massachusetts. Charlotte is more like a cute, pleasant, polite city who had a ton of pearl clutchers with Cam. It is what it is.

Stroud was drafted and Paul Wall was getting him fitted for gold fronts. In hindsight, lol at the thought of Bryce in Houston and gold fronts. I love Charlotte, but he definitely fits that city. 

• Flames 2