• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Planning for the future of Bank of America Stadium

7 minutes ago, dxpanther said:

*applying a generalized study of sports teams in american cities to a specific situation, is not "facts".

You are aware Charlotte isn't unique, right? Every other city has bars, restaurants, clubs, etc too. 29 other cities have NFL stadiums. You're just looking at things through your fandom and not logically at all. Here's some links about studies and how sports stadiums aren't the win their proponents think they are. Link 1, Link 2, Link 3

There's also older threads about the same topic with even more links here on the Huddle.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Good for Tepper he has provided an excellent quality product and showed to be a fine outstanding owner.  No better way to spend the money.  Hopefully he raises ticket prices a ton to help cover the half he paid to renovate the stadium so he can recoup some of the money.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Tbe said:

The deal is already done.

I don’t love it, but at least he’s paying over 50% and the public money comes from hotel taxes which can’t be used for any other purpose.

I’d still prefer the tourism tax money be used for other non-sports construction, but it’s better than using property and sales taxes I guess.

If this tourism tax is a state fund, it's still a huge waste of money. There are 99 other counties in NC that want part of that money to draw tourism to them too. They won't get it if the state is giving that money to Tepper.

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, falconlynx said:

Just glad to see he’s wanting to stick with the current uptown location. 

The location is by far the best thing about that stadium.

I was genuinely shocked sitting in the upper deck when the whole tier began to shake - and that was the Cardinals game, so it was hardly popping. That's terrifying. 

Edited by OldhamA
  • Pie 1

34 minutes ago, dxpanther said:

Pass. 

1. it's hockey. (like watching pong, on the slow levels)

2. i've never once parked more than a 15min walk to the stadium. AND i get to enjoy the much better tailgate experience spread throughout uptown.

1. Lmao

2. Lmao

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, dxpanther said:

ME TOO! being a young expansion team, there is very little history to hold on to here but keeping one of the best stadium set ups in the league is a huge win. the location keeps the view and the tailgating in the city. i hate giant flat parking lot tailgating. being able to walk around uptown on game day to all the different tailgates spread out between the buildings and parks, is the best. 

We should aim to have the oldest stadium in the league and be proud of it.

It's nearly 30 years, bro. When will the 'young team' nonsense die?

• Beer 3

4 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Looks pretty decent but not sure where the 1.2 billion dollars is going. Looks like it should cost about half that

Sofi Stadium cost 5.5 billion build. The new bills stadium will probably be 3 billion when it’s all said and done. 

Welcome to 2024 construction costs 

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

You are aware Charlotte isn't unique, right? Every other city has bars, restaurants, clubs, etc too. 29 other cities have NFL stadiums. You're just looking at things through your fandom and not logically at all. Here's some links about studies and how sports stadiums aren't the win their proponents think they are. Link 1, Link 2, Link 3

There's also older threads about the same topic with even more links here on the Huddle.

there are 13 and even most of those are still physically cutoff from the city by highways. (see pittsburgh) Plus, charlotte has a very diverse population and many transplants. we aren't a city based on tourism or entertainment. you want to believe it's the same but it aint.

BoA has one of the worst concessions in any arena I've ever been to - both quality and price. I hope they upgrade that. I don't understand not bringing in a bunch of food trucks to help and charging them a percentage or something...there should be a different food option at every concourse. Not a 20 minute line for some of the worst hot dogs, pizza, or old chicken strips you'll find anywhere

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1