• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Planning for the future of Bank of America Stadium

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

That is not true and even KC won't give the their SB team a new stadium on tax payer's backs. Team owners looking to build or revamp big league sports stadiums often seek public funds in the hundreds of millions of dollars. But research conducted over decades indicates these investments almost never lead to massive economic gains for host cities. "Despite perennial claims from team owners that building new stadiums or revamping existing ones will result in a fiscal and jobs boom for a city or region, research consistently shows that the hundreds of millions of public dollars that are often outlaid are not typically a sound investment." It is most likely to be publicly funded profit for Tepper. 

You sound like someone that works for Tepper or if the bot found a chatGPT plugin. 

transplant city containing a large population of fans from all over, willing to pay to see their team play in person. with the stadium strategically positioned by hundreds of restaurants and bars.

show me a similar city in that research to charlotte. you go ask those businesses in uptown if it matters.

im not a bot but unlike you im actually a fan of the panthers and enjoy them in my city. you can go kick it in Raleigh and watch hockey. 

1 minute ago, dxpanther said:

transplant city containing a large population of fans from all over, willing to pay to see their team play in person. with the stadium strategically positioned by hundreds of restaurants and bars.

show me a similar city in that research to charlotte. you go ask those businesses in uptown if it matters.

im not a bot but unlike you im actually a fan of the panthers and enjoy them in my city. you can go kick it in Raleigh and watch hockey. 

by businesses you talking bars and restaurants right?  I mean we can argue the economic impact of professional sporting teams all day back and forth but aint no way Charlotte or meck county should be giving a man worth 23 billion a fuging penny of money.

• Pie 5

4 minutes ago, dxpanther said:

The product in Raleigh is significantly better lol. And you can tailgate right outside the arena with 18,000 other fans - not 2 miles away in some parking deck. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Chief_Chokeaho said:

The product in Raleigh is significantly better lol. And you can tailgate right outside the arena with 18,000 other fans - not 2 miles away in some parking deck. 

Pass. 

1. it's hockey. (like watching pong, on the slow levels)

2. i've never once parked more than a 15min walk to the stadium. AND i get to enjoy the much better tailgate experience spread throughout uptown.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, dxpanther said:

Well the facts point that it's not a good investment. LV makes a lot of sense but show me another city like LV. You are speaking pure emotions while you ignore the facts. 

And trying to diss the Canes when they are the only quality professional sporting product in NC is something the Panthers bot would say.

Edited by Waldo

Posted (edited)

This deal is absolutely fugingt trash and I hope the voters tell him to blow it out his ass. 

421 million of the reported 570 comes over the next twenty years for anticipated “capital improvements,” which will probably be Jason aldean concerts and an in building mri machine for all the turf related acl tears. 

and he guarantees not to move the team for 15 years, so obviously he’s not paying anything out over the last five of the 20. 

Move the fuging team. Do it. Let San Antonio deal with this clown. 

Edited by electro's horse
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

I don't blame anyone for wanting him to foot the bill. I agree honestly. Although at least he isn't being a total twat like other owners could be and demanding a new stadium entirely. But he doesn't have much leverage on that anyways considering the product on the field has been a steaming pile of poo and he's in large part to blame. This is at least a decent compromise overall.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, frankw said:

I don't blame anyone for wanting him to foot the bill. I agree honestly. Although at least he isn't being a total twat like other owners could be and demanding a new stadium entirely. But he doesn't have much leverage on that anyways considering the product on the field has been a steaming pile of poo and he's in large part to blame. This is at least a decent compromise overall.

In his own words, their consultants told him it made more sense just to renovate. 

he’s not doing this out of the kindness of his heart; he’s doing it because some dead eyed ghoul from Deloitte told him to. 

Edited by electro's horse
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Well the facts point that it's not a good investment. LV makes a lot of sense but show me another city like LV. You are speaking pure emotions while you ignore the facts. 

And trying to diss the Canes when they are the only quality professional sporting product in NC is something the Panthers bot would say.

*applying a generalized study of sports teams in american cities to a specific situation, is not "facts".

Canes fan forum is somewhere else, why are you here? if you want to love on a team that plays a basic sport, go live in that city. no one even cares about it until playoffs. why bother?

• Poo 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tbe said:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article288967315.html#campaignName=charlotte_breaking_newsletter

Panthers want $650 million from Charlotte. In exchange they promise to stay for 20 years.

27 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

No one‘s talking about the 15 year agreement that would tie the team to the city so a lot of the “he’s trying to move the team away” takes can subside

Richardson pulled that promise not to move poo back in 2012-13 when he asked the city and state for money. I don't recall how long the deal was supposed to be for but it was something like 20 or 30 years.

Tepper can take the team elsewhere and pound rocks. Public money should never be used to fund a billionaire's hobby.

Edited by jayboogieman
  • Pie 3

2 minutes ago, dxpanther said:

*applying a generalized study of sports teams in american cities to a specific situation, is not "facts".

Canes fan forum is somewhere else, why are you here? if you want to love on a team that plays a basic sport, go live in that city. no one even cares about it until playoffs. why bother?

Internet Coding GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Great job Mr. Computer. So fiery and yet still just incoherent enough to be fun. 

• Beer 2

The deal is already done.

I don’t love it, but at least he’s paying over 50% and the public money comes from hotel taxes which can’t be used for any other purpose.

I’d still prefer the tourism tax money be used for other non-sports construction, but it’s better than using property and sales taxes I guess.

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

by businesses you talking bars and restaurants right?  I mean we can argue the economic impact of professional sporting teams all day back and forth but aint no way Charlotte or meck county should be giving a man worth 23 billion a fuging penny of money.

Not after the product he's put on the field, no.

We're literally the laughing stock of the NFL. Richardson, Jeans Friday and all, at least had us as competent with the occasional special season. 

• Beer 1