• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Planning for the future of Bank of America Stadium

55 minutes ago, falconlynx said:

Just glad to see he’s wanting to stick with the current uptown location. 

ME TOO! being a young expansion team, there is very little history to hold on to here but keeping one of the best stadium set ups in the league is a huge win. the location keeps the view and the tailgating in the city. i hate giant flat parking lot tailgating. being able to walk around uptown on game day to all the different tailgates spread out between the buildings and parks, is the best. 

We should aim to have the oldest stadium in the league and be proud of it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

oy vey that would hurt the bottom line alot!

2023 pricing:

$2 hotdogs
$2 refillable Coca-Colas
$3 waffle fries
$5 Bud Lights
$2 Dasani water bottles
$2 popcorn
$3 pizza slices
$5 cheeseburgers

They're not going to be the biggest sizes of popcorn/beer/water.... but you can feed a family for cheap if you have to.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jefffedotin/2023/09/05/why-hot-dogs-at-atlanta-falcons-games-cost-just-2/

• Pie 1

Just now, PanthersATL said:

2023 pricing:

2024 pricing:

• Chili Cheese Dog  5.00
  • Classic Hot Dog  2.00
  • Buffalo Cauliflower Wrap - Buffalo cauliflower, shredded kale, shredded carrots, diced tomatoes, vegan ranch  8.00
  • Vegan Dog Served with charred corn salsa 3.00
  • Cheese Nachos 3.00
  • Super Pretzel 2.00
  • Fresh Popped Popcorn 2.00
  • Candy  Sour Patch Kids, Peanut M&Ms, Reese's Pieces, Peach Gummies  3.50
  • Chips Doritos, Miss Vickies BBQ  3.50
  • Frozen Arctic Peach Shake  3.00
  • Souvenir Soda  4.00
  • Regular Soda  2.00
  • Bottled Water  3.00
  • Bottled Sweet Tea  3.00
  • Fresh Brewed Coffee  Apotheos Roastery - A one of a kind coffee roastery   3.00
  • Hot Chocolate  3.00
  • Large Premium Draft Beer  10.50
  • Large Domestic Draft Beer  8.50
  • Small Premium Draft Beer  6.00
  • Small Domestic Draft Beer  5.00

https://www.mercedesbenzstadium.com/menus/atl-fan-fare

32 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Bye

yea that'll show em! take our team away and go make revenue for local businesses in another city why don't ya?! ....meanwhile i'll sit here in the fall and rewatch shows on the streaming app i paid $200 for this year. HOW DARE THEY ask for pennies on the dollar from my taxes to pay for something that improves the city i live in....

7 minutes ago, dxpanther said:

yea that'll show em! take our team away and go make revenue for local businesses in another city why don't ya?! ....meanwhile i'll sit here in the fall and rewatch shows on the streaming app i paid $200 for this year. HOW DARE THEY ask for pennies on the dollar from my taxes to pay for something that improves the city i live in....

That is not true and even KC won't give the their SB team a new stadium on tax payer's backs. Team owners looking to build or revamp big league sports stadiums often seek public funds in the hundreds of millions of dollars. But research conducted over decades indicates these investments almost never lead to massive economic gains for host cities. "Despite perennial claims from team owners that building new stadiums or revamping existing ones will result in a fiscal and jobs boom for a city or region, research consistently shows that the hundreds of millions of public dollars that are often outlaid are not typically a sound investment." It is most likely to be publicly funded profit for Tepper. 

You sound like someone that works for Tepper or if the bot found a chatGPT plugin. 

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, dxpanther said:

The nfl would award us an expansion 24 hours after the announcement was made.  Since we are basically an expansion team now at least we would get a new owner

• Pie 1

They showed more soccer footage than Panthers in that video lol

As an architect, it looks aight.  Nothing of note really stood out in the renderings -- there wasn't much that really made me think they're doing anything ambitious or opening things up to the city (despite the narration inferring otherwise).  

So basically:

-Maintaining the core/shell - this is basically gutting the concourses, re-paneling and building out a new exterior. 

-"new seats"

-East corner is getting opened up/mezzanine levels w/city views - this is nice

-Extra wide exterior screens, continuous curved paneling.  More sinuous geometry

-I/O type terrace on the south side facing Morhead and what looks like a potential dettached building? (so maybe adding a secured outdoor ground level you can go during games?)

-They're keeping the entry Panthers statues

-Growing out the entries to make more substantial plaza spaces (but there's not much design showing in them - do wonder what Landscape Arch firm they've got as a subconsultant - that can make a big impact)

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

No one‘s talking about the 15 year agreement that would tie the team to the city so a lot of the “he’s trying to move the team away” takes can subside

NC is one of the fastest growing states in the country.  No way in hell he even tries to bluff that he would move the team.