• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ass goaltending

Posted (edited)

This is what kept us from the Stanley cup this year.  We were better than Florida and the rangers but Freddie and stubborn rod killed us.   I’m tired of poo goalie play and Dallas cowboys level post season coaching.  Florida in the cup finals two years in a row. If this doesn’t piss you off then you are a Fucckking loser.  

Edited by Panthers Fan 69

That and not doing poo on the powerplay and not all of our goal scorers on the same page and not doing what theyve been all year. We are a completely different team in the playoffs than regular season. Thats on coaching no matter how you slice it. 

• Pie 1

Fred had a terrible elimination game, but if our PK/PP was anything less than absolutely dog poo in games 1-3, game 6 would have been our closeout game based on his play. so....yeah.  While I think this year Kotchetkov needs to get the majority of games and if things aren't going well we need to jump at trade deadline---it's easiest to blame Fred because of a couple mistakes directly in the elimination game that never should have been

13 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Sticking with Freddie was a mistake but Kochetkov didn't exactly light it up either. 

Next year it needs to be a 50/50 split, that includes the playoffs if it isn't clear who the stud is.

We did the 50/50 thing this year and we thought Freddie was the stud, can't do that again as he wilts in the playoff pressure, ok do 50/50 but give Koochie the playoffs, time to see what he's made of

1 hour ago, organicrusty1201 said:

We did the 50/50 thing this year and we thought Freddie was the stud, can't do that again as he wilts in the playoff pressure, ok do 50/50 but give Koochie the playoffs, time to see what he's made of

Remember Freddie played barely any of the season. Less than 20% of the overall goalie starts.

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Remember Freddie played barely any of the season. Less than 20% of the overall goalie starts.

All the more reason he should have been fresh for the playoffs - don't get me wrong, Freddie is an adequate goalie but his track record in the playoffs sucks, it has to be Koochie or pick up a stud at the trade deadline. Can't win a cup with an average goalie unless he goes God mode for the run, we've squandered the last few years with just average goalies.

1 hour ago, organicrusty1201 said:

All the more reason he should have been fresh for the playoffs - don't get me wrong, Freddie is an adequate goalie but his track record in the playoffs sucks, it has to be Koochie or pick up a stud at the trade deadline. Can't win a cup with an average goalie unless he goes God mode for the run, we've squandered the last few years with just average goalies.

Oh, he was fresh. He just choked.

I think it should be a 50/50 all season. This allows Freddie to stay healthy and it gives Kochetkov tons of reps. The future is Koochie Mane, IMO. His ceiling is very high and I think he has the ability to rise to the occasion.

• Pie 2