• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will the Panthers be better than most are expecting?

I truly don't see how they could be any worse than last season. Having a rookie head coach isn't always great but he seems to care much more than Frank ever did and appears to actually put forth effort while also having some sort of desire to improve so that in itself should help them exceed expectations.

I think this defense will be a lot better than non-Panthers fans are expecting.  Although that will require Horn staying healthy.

I don't know how many wins I'm expecting.  We're a young team, so even if we do show a lot of improvement, that could still mean only 5-6 wins.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I truly don't see how they could be any worse than last season. Having a rookie head coach isn't always great but he seems to care much more than Frank ever did and appears to actually put forth effort while also having some sort of desire to improve so that in itself should help them exceed expectations.

I agree with this. Not sure what it means for wins but for one thing everyone knows what Young is for sure now. They got NFL film, they are 100% informed on what they are dealing with. 

They did not know until camp really, what they were really dealing with. 

Having some continuity on defense should help, and of course they need to stay healthy. 

So, they will be better. There will be a more informed (by actual reality) offensive design and they have upgraded the talent maybe by enough that execution would make them competitive against at least the bottom half of the league.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

6 wins with a top 15 offense is what I am expecting (hoping)

Still feels like an uphill battle for numerous reasons

What in the world makes you think this could be a top half offense? 

My hope is they will not be 32nd. I don’t think they will be, my realistic hope is they can move the LOS so when we need a yard they’ll feel good about getting it. And that Young learns to be a drop back from under center thrower and deliver an accurate and strong deep ball. I’d settle for accurate enough for a jump ball. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

If they can achieve the basic tenants of football: run the ball and stop the run and win the turnover battle, then even the biggest deficiencies can be masked. 

I see the first 2 being a go, the third is TBD. 

If all 3 are done well, we win 5+ games. We’re not built to come from behind and win. 

• Beer 1

I've never been so uninterested and less hyped about this team in almost 30 years....Ownership has ruined it for me... (7 losing seasons in a row) I only dip in the huddle about once every week or 2.... i see maybe 3 wins .... i'll halfheartedly tune into games with no expectations and see where it goes.

• Beer 1

The Panthers are a complete crap shoot this year like any team that has a brand new coaching regime and tons of new players on offense and defense.  Us hard core fans are going to have to print a roster so we can follow the players because there are so many new faces.  

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I truly don't see how they could be any worse than last season.

i don't see how we could even be as bad or even close to as bad as last year. 

barring some complete coaching clusterfug like last year, i just don't see it happening. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I think the D could be worse.  Not drastically.  But takes a step back. 

I also could Bryce turning the ball over more in Canales scheme/O.  Given the asks under what we assume will be Canales offense will look like......don't play to what Bryce naturally does well.  The counter to that, is maybe Canales goes heavy Wilks approach and we play 1970s football and beat some weak teams and surprise folks on the actual record. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think the D could be worse.  Not drastically.  But takes a step back. 

I also could Bryce turning the ball over more in Canales scheme/O.  Given the asks under what we assume will be Canales offense will look like......don't play to what Bryce naturally does well.  The counter to that, is maybe Canales goes heavy Wilks approach and we play 1970s football and beat some weak teams and surprise folks on the actual record. 

Like I said.   A couple of injuries and this is a really bad defense