• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MAJOR HOLDOUT UPDATE………

Got to think Mevis is the better tackler right?? New KO rule seems to put loads more pressure on the kicker to make a tackle.

Side note, holy lee fcuk you guys are too hard on kickers/Eddie. 

• Beer 1

I hope we bring in some kicker off the couch who just absolutely kills it.

I mean, I get a guy wanting to get paid his worth. But there are VERY few kickers with actual leverage in this league. He ain't one of them. Pretty much no kicker on one of the worst rosters in the league is one of them.  You might make a kick or two that fugs up our draft position. Get lost. LOL

At the end of the day, most NFL kickers can be great if they never have to make clutch kicks. When your team is complete ass there are no clutch kicks. 

Let him go to a contender and we'll find out how good he really is 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel uneasy with a kicker who’s feeling undervalued, I feel like that brings in a whole new kind of mind goblin that could plague his game. 

Also he is def not worth it. I can’t think of many who would be. He’d need a huge leg and accuracy, I don’t think he’s done anything from 55 plus 

On 6/12/2024 at 9:59 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Let him go to a contender and we'll find out how good he really is 

Yeah, there is something ominous underlying all of this that portends HOF for Eddie. 

Edited by strato

Thanks to Eddy for his contributions, but his clutch kick misses and inability to be trusted with 53+ yarders doesn't warrant security or an extension...  especially when you have a rookie in camp who isn't missing anything and nailing kicks from 60 on the regular. 

I honestly wish they would just tell Eddy to kick rocks prior to camp so we can move on.

Maybe he should go and I don't mind going with the new kid, but his only clutch miss last year was a single 60 yarder.  And if memory serves, he only had three situations that would be defined as clutch kicks, and he made two of them.  And he was actually 5 of 7 from 50 plus with a 54 and a 56 yarder.  He was definitely in the top half of the NFL in terms of long range kicks.  His kicking was probably one of the few decent spots on the team last year.