• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MAJOR HOLDOUT UPDATE………

16 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's just not smart. Other than a handful of truly elite kickers in the league everyone else at the position is viewed as completely replaceable. They're obviously going to bring in other kickers and all it takes is for one to show a lot of promise for you to get told to hit the bricks and now you're just one of the guys being brought in somewhere else just hoping to win a job. 

Also he is injury prone. 

10 hours ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

5 in the 2 year span you'd originally referenced.

The 40+ yarder was part of the ATL fiasco 2 years ago. 

Last year he made 86% of his FGs and 85% of his XPs. That's good for 22nd and dead last in the NFL respectively. 

You can say Kicker hasn't been a weakness but it sure as hell hasn't been a strength. 

Now dude wants to hold out for more money? Good luck on your next venture. Theres a reason he was passed around the league before he landed here.

He had another 40+ XP against GB.   

Eddie the last 2 years is 51/55 under 50 yards for Carolina.  That's pretty reliable FG kicker.  While being 7/9 from 50+ .   I mean, he isn't Justin Tucker. 

BUT....his FG% is also #3 all time presently behind only Tucker and Butker.  It is what it is  and he is trying to leverage that against the worst team in the NFL.  He isn't a JAG kicker at this point in time. 

• Beer 1

20 hours ago, CRA said:

he missed 1 FG under 50 all season last year. 

he missed 2 FG under 50 the year prior

and made most of his 50+ both seasons

I think Pinero is just wanting off the worst team in the NFL.   Competitive teams are looking for a reliable kicker.  Seems like he is just playing that card.  

He missed when it mattered..when the pressure was there…there is a reason he was available to begin with

the Panthers had very few games in which it did matter ..another player who could’ve made it better and didn’t 

…I don’t see either Dan or Dave crying over him.

if he thinks he can do better, well he was looking for a job when he found this one.

…go and Godspeed 

• Flames 1

21 hours ago, CRA said:

he missed 1 FG under 50 all season last year. 

he missed 2 FG under 50 the year prior

and made most of his 50+ both seasons

I think Pinero is just wanting off the worst team in the NFL.   Competitive teams are looking for a reliable kicker.  Seems like he is just playing that card.  

He was 21st in FG% and 38th in XP%.  Seems replaceable to me

• Pie 3

15 hours ago, Panther49er said:

Guess we’re not watching the same team. I haven’t trusted a Kicker since Kasay had the job.

Gano was solid. The Olindo Mare year was absolutely brutal

• Beer 1

On 5/29/2024 at 1:52 PM, Pazhoosier89 said:

Thicker kicker going to take his job. Apparently he posted a video showing he is at a beach somewhere. He's not good enough to be holding out and his former special teams coach is no longer here 

89% on his career with 33 of 35 in 2022? That isn’t good?