• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joint Practice - Jets

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

2023 was doomed from jump street.

I kinda like having as close as we can get to an equal measuring stick to see if we look any better vs. the same point last year.

yeah but the joint practices, the reports and hard knocks from it, was when it was visually confirmed we were fuged.  

Really hope the team employs the same strategy from last year of not doing anything remotely right during preseason so they can deceive and trick the league into thinking we suck before we really turn it on Week 1 and catch everyone by surprise. Only problem is last year they forgot to turn it "on" once the season started. 

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not for most of the Huddle. Hell, they were still convinced we were playing some type of 4D chess not showing our cards when we looked like the NFL equivalent of a JV team during preseason. When I was saying things like "our OL literally can't block the man in front of them" and "Bryce does not have a starting caliber NFL arm" and "our WRs can't get any separation" I was mocked for not understanding that preseason doesn't matter and we'll look like a completely different team once our brain trust starts game planning. Okay, we'll see. Well, we saw.

2 things can be true. 

we sucked all around last year and it was obvious

but preseason still means absolutely nothing.

we looked like poo 2015 preseason and KB went down everyone thought the season was doomed. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

2 things can be true. 

we sucked all around last year and it was obvious

but preseason still means absolutely nothing.

we looked like poo 2015 preseason and KB went down everyone thought the season was doomed. 

You can definitely judge individual talent. When the majority of your OL is just getting manhandled, your QB is floating ducks around, and your receivers can't get any separation against basic coverages you have a problem. We had a very obvious problem last preseason but most folks decided to delude themselves anyway.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I wish it was in New Jersey so we could get better media coverage than whatever Tepper is going to allow. Either way looking forward to Jets fans and medias brutal truths

That Will be something to trust, probably, as opposed to homers and dreamers looking at it and seeing what they want to see, and blaming everything on everything but their boy. Which some people will still do if it goes that way.

I mean, if Jets people say he is a new man, looks so much better, etc, I think I would believe that before praise from Young fans. 

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, strato said:

That Will be something to trust, probably, as opposed to homers and dreamers looking at it and seeing what they want to see, and blaming everything on everything but their boy. Which some people will still do if it goes that way.

I mean, if Jets people say he is a new man, looks so much better, etc, I think I would believe that before praise from Young fans. 

The Jets are also practicing with the Commanders and Giants, so they will have some fresh perspective on everything from quality of players to how well a rookie HC can run a camp

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1