• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Draft

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You sound like those Lebron haters on social media.

He's only one of the best players to ever play the game. He's been having his way for years now. The guy literally made the Lakers hire his podcast buddy JJ Redick to be his HC. Lebron has power in the NBA it's just a fact.

? Yeah that was kind of my point.

33 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

No different than the Cowboys getting attention.

ESPN only focuses on big name teams. If you looking for Hornets/Panthers news on ESPN that ain't the network to watch. I just watch podcast that covers our local teams at this point.

ESPN is the Cowboys , Lakers, Yankees network especially with First Take!! The show has became unbearable to watch!! Not sure how it’s still on !?? The repeatedly talk about the same subjects every day 

Edited by DamnItJake!
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Martin said:

After reading a bit more about Tidjane, youngest player in the draft at 18, with a lot of potential. Seems like a prudent gamble in this draft. We are not looking to win a lot next year, our core is super young, so I like it. I also don’t care if we couldn’t develop talent in the past. Brand new coaching staff. They might not be able to, but at this point we really don’t know. So I’m good with this draft.

Hornets motto

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

15 hours ago, Shocker said:

He is an ascending player who got better each year.  Add that he started college at giant killer Chaminade and there is so good mojo there

Great potential to be a 6-10 mpg solid backup guy in the long term. That's about all you can ask from a 2nd round pick.

All 2nd round picks are basically throw away picks in the NBA.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Stingray3030 said:

Anyone got inside info on what we traded for Reggie Jackson and 3X 2nd RD picks?  I would assume not much and we release Jackson but...

I wonder if we release him or use him as a team vet leader.  Obviously the main goal was the get the picks for taking on the contract, but he still can play some ball.  

29 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I wonder if we release him or use him as a team vet leader.  Obviously the main goal was the get the picks for taking on the contract, but he still can play some ball.  

I think we’ll keep him on the team. He’s better than most of our other options at PG and at this point we have to expect Lamelo will not play a full season.

• Pie 3

On 6/27/2024 at 1:37 PM, Ornias said:

The Spurs have a history of developing overseas talent though. Our franchise hasn't developed anyone. 

Why do all of you do this poo? You refer to 'our franchise' as if it's some unchangeable thing, like it doesn't have a new coaching staff and new ownership. This regime isn't the same as the last regime. Will they be better or worse? Who knows, but it could shake out to be a great pick if this coaching staff can develop guys. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I’m happy for Lebron and his son, how awesome is that, being able to play together, dad and son? There should be 0 negatives about this.

But I don’t care about it as in sports coverage. And this is the exact reason why I never watch anything but live games (and the draft). The focus on a few individuals or certain “star sportscasters” has diminished most of the value of sportscenter etc. for me.