• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Draft

There is no star in this draft. People keep forgetting this was one of the weaker drafts in quite some time.

This kid has decent size and athleticism, and he can shoot the 3. I can see him developing into a 3&D stretch pf. I had him as a trade back option. We obviously liked him enough to draft at #6. Hope he works out.

The real draft is next season. Let Miles walk so we can tank.

The NBA draft is wild to me. You’re drafting players from all over the world, but apparently there’s so few quality players, the 6th overall pick is almost considered a throw away pick. It’s like “meh, we took a gamble at 6. If it doesn’t work out whatever”. It makes it seem like the draft is pretty irrelevant. 

Edited by Sir Big Spurr

This was the draft to pull a Spurs and trade towards the future. Instead we take the longest of long shots and a guy that couldn't possibly make any meaningful impact for at least 3 years. 

Ghost of Jordan still haunting the place. 

Should have just taken a guy like Dalton that could actually play a role on the team immediately.

Oh well, Bobnets gonna Bobnet.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

This was the draft to pull a Spurs and trade towards the future. Instead we take the longest of long shots and a guy that couldn't possibly make any meaningful impact for at least 3 years. 

Ghost of Jordan still haunting the place. 

Should have just taken a guy like Dalton that could actually play a role on the team immediately.

Oh well, Bobnets gonna Bobnet.

Ummmmmm its Horncats. Imagine having two choices and picking so terribly wrong. You picked Bryce Young over Stroud with your nickname choice

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I definitely didn't expect Edey to go top 10 or for Filipowski not to go in the 1st.

Filipowski really fuged up not going pro last year. He hurt his stock bad by not making any significant improvement in his game from his freshman to sophomore year leading to upside questions.

I heard rumors of Edey top 10 but I assumed no team was that stupid.

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I heard rumors of Edey top 10 but I assumed no team was that stupid.

I don't follow the NBA at all and pretty much only watch if I happen to be in a bar with a game on or something like that, but he just doesn't seem to fit the modern NBA game at all. He's probably the #1 overall pick in an '80s or '90s draft, but I thought he'd probably be a late 1st flyer type of pick in today's game.

• Pie 2

don't know crap about this dude or any other player in this draft, but after being a Scoot fan last year, I've come to realize I wouldn't know poo regardless so will put a bit of trust into our new ownership, front office and coaching staff (at least until they prove to still be the same old hornets)

In a poor draft like this I do like the idea of a boom/bust pick

• Pie 1