• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tornado

STIFFPAWED

and yet...after it blows your house and everything away, you'll insist on rebuilding in exactly the same spot!

and I get bugged about putting up with a little cold!

What if your house got hit by a tornado and you moved and re-built in a different spot and got hit again? What would you say then Mr. Ilivewhereitstoocold?

I don't know Mr. Boobman...I choose to live somewhere that mother nature loves us all and doesn't choose to blow us all away or flood the crap out of us!

Come on, you got to have SOME kind of natural disaster in that region??? No floods? Really?

Here we got hurricanes, the occasional torndado, floods in places and lots of lightening in the spring and summer.

Oh and the threat of a mega-tsunami from those islands off the coast of Africa or a comet. :D

before I lived here, this area had a freak tornado that killed something like 13 people and they still talk about it all the time because it was such a freak storm. If there is lots and lots of snow in the winter and we get a quick spring with lots of rain, the mountain melt might cause some local rivers to splash their banks...with localized flooding...but truly, this is a natural disaster free zone!

of course now that I mentioned it....

before I lived here, this area had a freak tornado that killed something like 13 people and they still talk about it all the time because it was such a freak storm. If there is lots and lots of snow in the winter and we get a quick spring with lots of rain, the mountain melt might cause some local rivers to splash their banks...with localized flooding...but truly, this is a natural disaster free zone!

of course now that I mentioned it....

What about the great polar bear stampede of 1994 that left hundreds dead and thousands homeless? Is that considered a natural disaster?

no, that was man made...they sold extra seal clubbing permits that year and it really pissed off the polar bears. In the end, it wasn't all that bad, it cleared out alot of slums and there was a huge bargain on fir coats.

Probability of my house being torn down by a tornado.....0.005%

Probability of Hawk's house being under 20 feet of snow for 80% of the year....99.8983%

damn gingers!!!

We probably never had much more snow than you folks this winter!!! It just lasts lots longer!

Archived