• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pressure washers

88 Bronco

I'll be looking to buy myself one in the near future as well... Let me know how this works out for you...

Also, beware the zero degree tip... My wife nearly amputated her middle two toes last summer with one...

See, we have this fire ant issue... Long story short, I was letting her try her hand at the pressure washer (I borrow my dad's) as she likes to try out stuff like that from time to time... Wearing flip flops, and decision making process muddled by the feeling of getting bit by several fire ants, she decided to sweep the PW across her foot to get the fire ants off... Bad idea...

It was only for a split second, but she cut them nearly to the bone...

^OUCH!!!

Bronco, can you come PW my house when you are done? haha, my wife has been nagging me to buy one and do the same thing. Money being so tight right now, I cant go out and get one, but will buy one in the future. Let me know where you get it and how it works out for you!

Thanks

I

See, we have this fire ant issue... Long story short, I was letting her try her hand at the pressure washer (I borrow my dad's) as she likes to try out stuff like that from time to time... Wearing flip flops, and decision making process muddled by the feeling of getting bit by several fire ants, she decided to sweep the PW across her foot to get the fire ants off... Bad idea...

funny, i borrowed my dads last year too and was pressure washing in my flip flops. had my hubby not warned me to be careful around my feet i would have done the same thing. :o

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=98444

4 HP 2000 PSI Gas Pressure Washer with Wheels

A must have for heavy duty cleaning tasks. Two wheels for easy portability.

Powerful four stroke 4 HP gas engine with cast iron cylinder for long life

2000 PSI of mud-busting power

Overload protection and low oil shutdown

Pump overheat protection

1.6 gallons per minute

Fuel shut off valve for safe transport

1.4 liter fuel tank; fuel capacity: 0.4 gallons

Pressure wand has safety trigger protection

EPA Certified

Not available in California. 16 ft. x 1/4" diameter high pressure hose with adjustable lance; Two 8" diameter x 2" wide wheels for max portability

ITEM 98444-1VGA

$299.99 Email link to a friend

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=97005

13 HP, 4000 PSI Gas Pressure Washer

13 HP OHV engine

4000 PSI of cleaning power

Water flow: 4.9 gallons per minute

Thermal overload protection

Unloader valve

EPA and CARB certified

Two 10" pneumatic wheels

Triplex pump

Cast iron cylinder sleeve

Includes high pressure hose; gun assembly with four different quick-change tips, including a chemical nozzle with chemical injector; full cart assembly; Engine speed: 3600 ROM; 17 oz. oil capacity; Maximum water temperature: 50°C/122°F; Overall dimensions: 46" L x 27" W x 26-3/4" H

ITEM 97005-2VGA

$859.99 Email link to a friend

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=99741

1600 PSI Electric Pressure Washer

High Pressure Cleaning Power

Pressure washer with built-in ground fault circuit interrupter included for added safety.

Adjustable spray wand lets you cover wide areas or do fine detail cleaning

Turbo nozzle boosts cleaning performance

Built-in detergent tank

Safety lock trigger

19 ft. high pressure hose and 34 ft. power cord

ETL certified

1.6 GPM flow rate

120 volt, 60 Hz

Overall dimensions: 10-3/4" L x 10-1/2" W x 31-1/2" H

Weight: 18.4 lbs.

ITEM 99741-0VGA

$109.99 Email link to a friend

Check the stores, as they often have them at cheaper prices than their on-line site. Don't forget to look for the coupon.

funny, i borrowed my dads last year too and was pressure washing in my flip flops. had my hubby not warned me to be careful around my feet i would have done the same thing. :o

haha! I even warned her of the dangers (hell, she even got on the roof and washed the top part of the house!) beforehand, but that split second of pain from fire aint bites, and a quick, careless decision almost left her with two less toes...

She had halfway kicked her foot out of the flip flops as she went across her foot too, and damn near cut the flip flops in half...

Northern Tool:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200347872_200347872

NorthStar Electric Cold Water Pressure Washer — 3000 PSI, 2.5 GPM, 230 Volt

Order Today and Save $50

The NorthStar electric cold water pressure washer provides the power you need for cleaning pavement, siding, deck maintenance and general-purpose cleaning with the quick-couple nozzle and soap nozzle. 25 feet of high-pressure hose gives you great range. Direct-drive pump features brass manifold and ceramic plungers. U.S.A.

Item#:1573021 Price:Was $749.99

Sale $699.99

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200380041_200380041

Faip Pressure Washer — 1850 PSI, Model# PW1850

Order Today and Save $20

This Faip electric pressure washer features a powerful, heavy-duty motor designed to handle your toughest assignments. It includes a patented Auto Stop system that shuts off the pump and motor when the trigger is released, saving water and energy. Wheeled design lets you bring power where you need it.

Item#:32123 Price:Was $269.99

Sale $249.99

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200350515_200350515

NorthStar Electric Cold Water Pressure Washer — 2000 PSI, 1.5 GPM, 120 Volt

Order Today and Save $30

The NorthStar electric cold water pressure washer is ideal for cleaning siding, deck maintenance and general-purpose cleaning with the quick-couple nozzle and soap nozzle. 25 feet of high-pressure hose gives you great range. Pump features brass manifold and ceramic plungers. U.S.A.

Item#:1573011 Price:Was $599.99

Sale $569.99

Lowes

4000 PSI 3.5 GPM Gas Pressure Washer

•Powererd by a Honda® GX390 Commercial Series Engine and a Simpson® Triplex Industrial Pump, Producing 4000 PSI at 3.5 GPM.

•Direct-drive System is Compact and Reliable

•Equipped with an Adjustable Unloader, Chemical Injector System, High Pressure Relief Valve, and Easy-start Valve

•Mounted on a Heavy-duty Powder-coated Steel Frame, with Polished Chrome Front and Rear Handles and Premium Treaded Tires on Aluminum "Mag" Wheels

•Includes 50' High Pressure Monster Hose® with QC Fittings

•Professional Gun and Spray Wand with 5 QC Nozzles - 0, 15, 25, 40 and Soaper

IMPSON 4000 PSI 3.5 GPM Gas Pressure Washer

Item #: 321228 | Model #: PS4000

$1,380.00

Less GPM and $500 more than Harbor Freight.

Then you don't want a pressure washer. Effective pressure is lost after 2-3 feet, so a water hose would do just as well. Plus, siding on houses is not installed to prevent water from coming in from below, so you could be setting up for a lot of troubles.

Yep, I washed my 2 story last year. I used a pressure washer but hand scrubed the whole house with a brush and someTSP and rinsed down with the pressure washer. Used a 30 foot ladder and a telescopic pole to reach "A" areas that were about 50 feet up. Took my father and I a couple of days and a lot of work but it looks 10 times better than a couple of my neighbors who just had their house "professionally" pressure washed. If you are going to do it, do it right IMO.

Archived