• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTAs - Updates/News

28 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

meh, Canales talks a fair amount about an offense he didn't really show in Tampa. 

Run game was trash

and the Carolina TEs in 2023 were more productive than Tampa's. 

his O was carried by the play of the outside WRs

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I just don't see how you can effectively do that with him given his size limitations. I mean, sure here and there.   But Bryce Young is a shotgun QB.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)

It might be the best way to get him to use proper mechanics. Compared to him tippy toeing while meandering casually backwards.

I just don’t see that as fixable but if you dump the meandering scanning on tip toes, take a rhythmically repeatable drop, maybe his passes come out better. Quicker too probably.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, strato said:

It might be the best way to get him to use proper mechanics. Compared to him tippy toeing while meandering casually backwards.

I just don’t see that as fixable but if you dump the meandering scanning on tip toes, take a rhythmically repeatable drop, maybe his passes come out better. Quicker too probably.

he tip toes and drifts deep to see over the 6'6 monsters in front of him. 

I mean, if you put him under C and put him at the same depth you would Joe Flacco on throws.....I don't think that is going to yield good results. 

Bryce despite his size, actually plays the middle of the field well.   But he has to play quirky to pull it off.   

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I just don't see how you can effectively do that with him given his size limitations. I mean, sure here and there.   But Bryce Young is a shotgun QB.  

I think we just have to see if he sinks or swims with it. We can't be in shotgun all of the time, it makes us too predictable. I am curious to see just how blinded Bryce really is though when the lineman are in their stances, I'm guess that takes them down a few inches, not to 5'9 of course.

Just now, OneBadCat said:

I think we just have to see if he sinks or swims with it. We can't be in shotgun all of the time, it makes us too predictable. I am curious to see just how blinded Bryce really is though when the lineman are in their stances, I'm guess that takes them down a few inches, not to 5'9 of course.

I mean, the league average is to be shotgun heavy. 

some teams trend toward the 70-80% range.  With short yardage, goaline and kneel downs bringing them down.  KC, Phiily, Ravens? A lot of the really good teams are very shotgun heavy