• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking for a PC

DirtyMagic97

I'm thinking of getting a PC almost exclusively for gaming purposes. I have a Macbook for every day use, a Macbook pro for audio recording, and I don't want to use either for gaming. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should get? I am don't really know much about them.

I'm thinking of getting a PC almost exclusively for gaming purposes. I have a Macbook for every day use, a Macbook pro for audio recording, and I don't want to use either for gaming. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should get? I am don't really know much about them.

Build it yourself or find someone who knows how to to build it for you. Thats the only way you're going to get your moneys worth bro.

Build it yourself or find someone who knows how to to build it for you. Thats the only way you're going to get your moneys worth bro.

Yea I was thinking about doing that. I don't know anyone that can do it for me, because I sure can't. I will see if I can find anyone.

I was also told about Alienware. The only thing I know about them is their price. Anyone have any experience with such?

Yea I was thinking about doing that. I don't know anyone that can do it for me, because I sure can't. I will see if I can find anyone.

I was also told about Alienware. The only thing I know about them is their price. Anyone have any experience with such?

Alienware's are great machines but they are overpriced as fug. However Dell caries the Alienware Aurora for a decent price you might want to check that, I can help you with picking components if you want to go the diy route. Most bookstores sell how-to books on building your own system.

EDIT: http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/desktops/alienware-aurora/pd.aspx?refid=alienware-aurora&s=dhs&cs=19&~oid=us~en~29~alienware-aurora-anav-1~~

Theres the base model Aurora.

Alienware's are great machines but they are overpriced as fug. However Dell caries the Alienware Aurora for a decent price you might want to check that' date=' I can help you with picking components if you want to go the diy route. Most bookstores sell how-to books on building your own system.[/quote']

Sure you get can over my Gator fandom to help me?:D

I'll check out some books at Barnes & Noble later this week and see what they say. If it's not too hard to do it myself I probably will. The best way to get absolutely what I want. Thanks a lot, man!

Sure you get can over my Gator fandom to help me?:D

I'll check out some books at Barnes & Noble later this week and see what they say. If it's not too hard to do it myself I probably will. The best way to get absolutely what I want. Thanks a lot, man!

Haha we've had our heated debates in the past but I think I'll manage. Just send me a pm and let me know what you need help with.

Another thing, what can I expect to pay for building my own computer? Just like a ballpark range.

Depends on how close to top of the line you want it, you can build a decent machine for around 750 not counting a monitor. Something that would run Crysis well (game I use to test how good a machine is) would run around 1500 maybe a bit less.

I have a case if you want it. Blue raidmax with side window and fans. Just built a new machine and this case is just sitting here. It has a power supply but it you will want to get a new one if you want to run any mid to upper range video card.

Sweet we can turn this into 97's rig donation thread!!

Depends on how close to top of the line you want it' date=' you can build a decent machine for around 750 not counting a monitor. Something that would run Crysis well (game I use to test how good a machine is) would run around 1500 maybe a bit less.[/quote']

lol 1500? I built the rig I'm on now for under a grand 2 years ago and it runs crysis on max everything.

Started with this barebones from Tiger Direct:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5713908&CatId=2405

(Personally I don't think going Core i is worth it because of the expense right now)

add:

WD Caviar Black 640 GB Hard Drive

BFG GeForce 9800 GT 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 * 2 if you want to SLI

Another 4 GB OCZ RAM

Arctic Cooling Fan

And an operating system and you're sitting at just around $900.

Archived