• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those of you that have droids...

Darth Biscuit

My wife wants one, and she went to the Verizon store today and they told her that "they are not very secure.." that the signal from a droid bounces off "all the towers" and that a blackberry would be much more secure...

The wife wants to have a droid to run apps and access the web so she can do invoicing and banking stuff for her small business while on the road.

It sounds to me like this lady at Verizon was talking out of her ass, but I don't have a droid, so I can't say one way or the other.

Comments?

Thats BS to get her to buy the more expensive phone. Guess what those people get commissions.

Next time tell your wife to do her own research before going to the store where the WILL lie to you. Not trying to sound harsh but doing otherwise is a good way to get shafted.

Thats BS to get her to buy the more expensive phone. Guess what those people get commissions.

Next time tell your wife to do her own research before going to the store where the WILL lie to you. Not trying to sound harsh but doing otherwise is a good way to get shafted.

u can get a lot of blackberrys for cheaper than a droid. but i get what ure saying.

I've done a little google research here and it does seem that there are some security concerns with the droids... no on-device encryption, does not fully support MS Exchange, etc.

What about web security?

:lol: at my wife doing research on something... she's off this week and thinks I'm gonna jump when she wants to do something.

She is talking out of her ass, I've had a Droid since early January and have had 0 issues with its security. I've even downloaded uncertified apps off the internet on mine before. Tell your wife to get the Droid and enjoy it, if she wants some suggestions on useful apps send me a pm. As for the encryption, I'm an IT for a major business and they haven't told me that I cant use my phone on their network. I guess there could potentially be issues with it but I haven't encountered any yet.

I used my droid as a wireless outlet for my laptop like one of those USB sticks they sell and no problems. Haven't had any on the phone either.

If they are making you pay the 30 dollar data fee don't get anything other than a droid or a top of the line blackberry. It won't be worth the 30 bucks a month if you don't have a modern smart phone.

Did you go to a authorized Verizon dealer or a corporate store? When I got my daughter her phone I went to the Verizon store in town. They could not give me my government employee discount. I got pissed and left without buying anything. I went a different store that happened to be a Verizon owned store. Come to find out, the authorized dealers suck at things

Archived