• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers @ Las Vegas Raiders Gameday Thread

11 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

We had a few folks saying Dalton was washed even though he's had no major injuries, might find those tmrw

I made multiple comments throughout the week that Andy Dalton is the same Andy Dalton he's always been, give the amount of very crappy QBs starting its kind of a shock he was fine with being a backup to be honest, he's at least a mid teir QB and as I said throughout the week if you protect him he can produce top 10-15 numbers. 

Anyone who actually watches more than just how much an offense scores saw that our offensive line was very good the first two weeks, and our WRs were getting open consistently..... had Dalton started from the get go i think we would be 2-1 if not 3-0, yes the Saints killed us but Bryce kept turning the ball over and the defense never had more than 3 plays before they were right back on the field.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Yesterday's game was a welcome drink of cool, cool water to a fanbase that has spent years wandering in the desert.

I hope it wasn't a mirage.

I don't think it was mainly because it starts in the trenches and what I saw from the offensive line was the same as weeks 1&2 the only difference is the forward pass was a viable option.

• Pie 1

Re-watching this morning. This offense is truly tailor made to be as simple as possible for a QB. While I am so thankful for Andy, nothing he did was exceptional. He made good pre-snap reads, made good progressions post snap, and took what the defense gave him. Timing routes were much more crisp as his footwork was very good. He played a really good game of QB. 

This makes me feel really good about Dave Canales. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, PantherChris said:

I made multiple comments throughout the week that Andy Dalton is the same Andy Dalton he's always been, give the amount of very crappy QBs starting its kind of a shock he was fine with being a backup to be honest, he's at least a mid teir QB and as I said throughout the week if you protect him he can produce top 10-15 numbers. 

Anyone who actually watches more than just how much an offense scores saw that our offensive line was very good the first two weeks, and our WRs were getting open consistently..... had Dalton started from the get go i think we would be 2-1 if not 3-0, yes the Saints killed us but Bryce kept turning the ball over and the defense never had more than 3 plays before they were right back on the field.

I think the Saints on the road week 1 is probably still a loss. Definitely could have beat the Chargers, though. Hell, we were keeping the game reasonably close for most of it despite Bryce doing fug all.

• Pie 1

The biggest tip off for detecting journalistic ulterior motives this year was the OL and WR excuse. If they are using that, they are dishonest. Intentionally, accidentally, whatever. Hard to say which one is worse. 

Here is the theme: there is a want to 'get' Tepper. 

They'll say whatever they think they need to say. And they really do not care about who they hurt in the process. They ruin careers. I have heard some of the worst poo in history lately, mostly from the network TV people, but radio as well.

Anyway this is exactly what they are doing to Canales, to Morgan, the OL, the WRs. The guy that collects tickets isn't off limits. 

I

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, strato said:

The biggest tip off for detecting journalistic ulterior motives this year was the OL and WR excuse. If they are using that, they are dishonest. Intentionally, accidentally, whatever. Hard to say which one is worse. 

Here is the theme: there is a want to 'get' Tepper. 

They'll say whatever they think they need to say. And they really do not care about who they hurt in the process. They ruin careers. I have heard some of the worst poo in history lately, mostly from the network TV people, but radio as well.

Anyway this is exactly what they are doing to Canales, to Morgan, the OL, the WRs. The guy that collects tickets isn't off limits. 

I

I think Canales just earned himself a friggin bonus. Tepper has to feel vindicated in some way. Canales has some brownie points after this win. 

Now Morgan is gonna have to figure out how to extend Johnson before the end of the season. Can't let him walk after yesterday. Dude looked like a building piece. A core player even. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, PantherChris said:

I don't think it was mainly because it starts in the trenches and what I saw from the offensive line was the same as weeks 1&2 the only difference is the forward pass was a viable option.

What I saw was an offensive line that played like a unit and one that had the proper pass protections called. it was also one that knew where the QB was and was supposed to be at all times.

See, panic is contagious, so is competence. Veteran presence in the pocket is immensely important.

And on the d-line... I was not expecting them to be nearly as cohesive and impactful considering the injuries. They played lights out.

22 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

I think the Saints on the road week 1 is probably still a loss. Definitely could have beat the Chargers, though. Hell, we were keeping the game reasonably close for most of it despite Bryce doing fug all.

I mean i agree but I don't think it would have been a blowout 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I think Canales just earned himself a friggin bonus. Tepper has to feel vindicated in some way. Canales has some brownie points after this win. 

Now Morgan is gonna have to figure out how to extend Johnson before the end of the season. Can't let him walk after yesterday. Dude looked like a building piece. A core player even. 

Yes extend him now