• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers @ Las Vegas Raiders Gameday Thread

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Meanwhile Sam Darnold up 2 TD's over Stroud and the Texans.

What a time to be alive!

All we had to do was keep Darnold and Wilks. Tepper didn't like the little success we were starting to build. Got rid of both smh

Idk I’m still waiting for the other shoe to drop for Darnold

• Pie 1

a little optimistic today.  I've seen teams who have dealth with adveristy so long that a change can make them feel like they've got a chance, and unite them with a much better effort that can surprise the opponent.  Won't last all season, but I think the receivers will eat today is Andy can put it near them.

Many of these guys want to show out for their next contract as well, and guys like Dionte was will really play hard to stand out

I am looking forward in seeing how the offense looks under Dalton, but I have no confidence in this defense.  Saints and Chargers called off the dogs in the second half because of how easy it was for them in the first.  You can blame some of that on the offense's inability to stay on the field, but definitely not all of it.  We have to have the worst defensive line in the NFL and probably the worst secondary.  Not a winning combination. 

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Mage said:

I am looking forward in seeing how the offense looks under Dalton, but I have no confidence in this defense.  Saints and Chargers called off the dogs in the second half because of how easy it was for them in the first.  You can blame some of that on the offense's inability to stay on the field, but definitely not all of it.  We have to have the worst defensive line in the NFL and probably the worst secondary.  Not a winning combination. 

Defense sucks.

Feel like Jaycee and Woods alone get us out of 32nd ranked seconary, no?

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Weird, but I'm actually mildly excited for today's game.  The past two weeks I've been numb to the pain in my fandom.  I've sorta watch out curiosity of how bad they would get waxed.  Ya know, dumpster fire watching.  Now, I'm thinking of busting out a jersey to watch the game.  Maybe even a cheer might be uttered.  Am I getting ahead of myself?

Not weird. Much better QB might actually give us a chance to win. Or at the very least, be competitive. 

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Meanwhile Sam Darnold up 2 TD's over Stroud and the Texans.

What a time to be alive!

All we had to do was keep Darnold and Wilks. Tepper didn't like the little success we were starting to build. Got rid of both smh

With pure hindsight,  we could've kept Teddy, Darnold, or Baker and probably have eventually been fine if we got the right coach, replaced GM and kept improving the roster. 

The repeating theme here has been impatience and constantly changing regimes, players,  and QBs especially. 

I think Bryce is an exception given how historically awful he's been. But holding on to any of those 3 qbs I mentioned  for a few years and gradually building the team up would've meant we'd be a much more respectable team than we are now. 

Imagine if we'd kept Darnold, CMC, DJ, Wilks. Get some solid draft picks and better coaching