• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone actually think Bryce will actually be good?

My father played Defensive End at Ohio State so naturally my kid is a huge Ohio State fan to go along with his being a huge Gamecock fan due to my ties to the school but last year he swore up and down we needed to draft Stroud number 1. I don't know if it was just being an Ohio State homer or what but he kept watching video after video of highlights and said Stroud was the future for us. 

This past season he now claims we should have taken Rattler with one of our later round pics due to him saying he will be one of the huge steals of the draft and will be NFL ready within one season if it takes that. He said if Bryce busts completely we would have a future top QB to turn the team over to with Rattler taken in the fifth.

From his prediction last year I'm starting to believe maybe they should hire him as a consultant for a few bucks a week. Hell, he is 13. They could pay him $50 a week for consulting and he would would think he is rich!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 6/2/2024 at 10:09 AM, frankw said:

Almost all of the Levis talk revolved around off the field nonsense and his inconsistent accuracy. But he always had the ability to put the ball wherever he wanted it. I saw that firsthand against our Panthers when he rifled passes into tight windows with ease that I've honestly still yet to see Bryce make.

If you go back to before the draft just about every QB not named Bryce Young was considered to have one or several faults that would hinder their immediate development and take time for them to put it together. Even Stroud was regarded by some as probably taking a few seasons to develop. When in reality it ended up being Young who was the biggest project of the QB class. The next time we happen to be be looking at a QB in the draft people really need to pay attention to physical intangibles and not fall for any of the media hype or criticism over intelligence. This has long been a go to tactic to diminish or uplift one prospect over another. I really thought Panthers fans would have learned this after Cam in 2010. But noooooope.

To be fair, Levis had some really notable accuracy issues in school and still does.  He had great highlights this past year but his issues with short and intermediate still surfaced and he has a ways to go.  He has the top 1% arm, size, and it seems a good attitude, but he doesn't have the best control over his tools.  Right now, he's a fire hose without anyone holding it.  

But yeah, if someone legit doesn't have any tools in the top 1%, then you need to see a combination of lethal accuracy and the "intangibles" down, no questions asked.  IF Bryce doesn't pan out, chalk it up another lessons learned. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

8 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

My father played Defensive End at Ohio State so naturally my kid is a huge Ohio State fan to go along with his being a huge Gamecock fan due to my ties to the school but last year he swore up and down we needed to draft Stroud number 1. I don't know if it was just being an Ohio State homer or what but he kept watching video after video of highlights and said Stroud was the future for us. 

This past season he now claims we should have taken Rattler with one of our later round pics due to him saying he will be one of the huge steals of the draft and will be NFL ready within one season if it takes that. He said if Bryce busts completely we would have a future top QB to turn the team over to with Rattler taken in the fifth.

From his prediction last year I'm starting to believe maybe they should hire him as a consultant for a few bucks a week. Hell, he is 13. They could pay him $50 a week for consulting and he would would think he is rich!

He has a good eye. Stroud should have always been the pick and it should never have been close. Rattler in the latter rounds would have been a good rebound pick at that price given the current situation. I'll pay him $50 if the team would just listen to him next time the Tepper up the next draft. 

1 hour ago, strato said:

Saw a headline saying Rattler is struggling in OTAs. I was on him too, so look for word but didn’t go past the headline. Just FYI. 

He's a 5th round project? It's how he looks later in the year, I didn't think NO would be rolling him out game 1 anyways. If they had drafted him he still wouldn't be starting until later in the year. For a 5th a project is worth the swing IMO, especially given the situation. 

15 minutes ago, Waldo said:

He's a 5th round project? It's how he looks later in the year, I didn't think NO would be rolling him out game 1 anyways. If they had drafted him he still wouldn't be starting until later in the year. For a 5th a project is worth the swing IMO, especially given the situation. 

Apparently they had a backup there they like already. Competition.... what a concept. So maybe it does matter a little. Think Rattler would get poached off a practice squad? 

• Beer 1