• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty was on WFNZ this morning

Zcustom

Was happy to see him say he doesn't want to go anywhere, though. Did he say anything regarding Moore by the way? or Jarrett?

Celania asked him if he like the ball Moore threw, he said he likes it anytime the ball is coming to him, regardless of who's throwing. Crap answer IMO

He did say that Jarrett has been working hard and doing the right things, but the praise ended there, he said Jarrett would "show his skills" this year and then talked about how quickly guys fall out of the league. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

I had that thought this morning... but to be honest, I'm starting to think he has bust written all over him...

Some people are even saying he could slide to the second round!

+ he carries along unneeded baggage.

I can see him sliding to late 1st. I doubt the Jets would pass on him, though.

Smitty has been carrying this team on his shoulders alone for years now..

I think it's absolutely reasonable for a guy to say, "hey coach, help me out.. I've been breakin fools down for years without any help. I'm 30, get me a fuging #2 WR.. You're allowed 3 or 4, but I'm only asking for 1 to help me out.. get your poo together"...

I paraphrased, of course.. :)

Celania asked him if he like the ball Moore threw, he said he likes it anytime the ball is coming to him, regardless of who's throwing. Crap answer IMO

Or could have been wanting to avoid saying something negative about a friend (i.e. Jake).

Doesn't want to be #1 anymore? What kind of player talks like that?

And some of y'all crucified me for questioning his early-season effort.

I questioned his early season effort as well, and still do. But with that said, I fully understand this statement.

If he was a competitor, he would want to line up against the best every sunday and beat them.

It's called being smart.

Chris Harris is a competitor too, but if he came out and said "line me up one on one against Andre Johnson. I'll take him", I'd consider that a pretty foolhardy statement. Even more so if it came from, say, Mike Minter. Likewise, both parts of "Double Trouble" have come out in favor of splitting carries, which is smarter than either saying "I want to be the workhorse alone".

Smith is getting older, and he obviously knows it (he's coming off a broken arm, for Peak's sake). Right now, the smartest thing he can do to extend his career is learn to play a supporting role and be content with it.

Plus, honestly, what he suggests is better for the team, too.

Why are people trying to give Smith such a hard time?

First Fiz talking about him punching people (weeks back when I read a few posts about it), then people questioning him not wanting to be a #1 and now questioning his work ethic.

Maybe he's been asking for a legit #2 for years without much success.

So maybe he figures if he asks for a #1, then he'll get an actual legit #2.

Either that or the whole thing smells like #2.

I thought your avatar was wearing a dunce cap. Is it actually a tinfoil hat?

Archived