• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Off-season Thread

On 9/2/2024 at 11:18 AM, MillionDollarCam said:

I think it’s a perfect season to try Necas at center but I don’t see Rod doing that.

It's nothing but RBA's ego getting in the way of proven performance if Necas isn't playing center this season. Last season wasn't his best, but he had a breakout year playing center in 22-23, so I'm not sure what the deal is unless RBA wanted better D, which he did improve on last season. Still some work to be done there.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

It's nothing but RBA's ego getting in the way of proven performance if Necas isn't playing center this season. Last season wasn't his best, but he had a breakout year playing center in 22-23, so I'm not sure what the deal is unless RBA wanted better D, which he did improve on last season. Still some work to be done there.

He has never played center under Rod.   I thought he had always been a winger. 

• Pie 1

On 9/2/2024 at 11:18 AM, MillionDollarCam said:

Now that Fast is officially out and Jarvis is officially signed, what does everyone think the lines are going to look like? I think it’s a perfect season to try Necas at center but I don’t see Rod doing that. I’m guessing:

Svechnikov - Aho - Jarvis

Necas - Kotkaniemi - Roslovic

Carrier - Staal - Martinook

Robinson - Drury - Unger-Sorum

Lemieux, Jost

Call-Up’s: Nadeau, Blake, Suzuki, Jaaska

Slavin - Burns

Orlov - Chatfield

Gostisbehere - Walker

Stillman

Call-Up’s: Morrow, Ryan, Seeley, Smith

Andersen

Kochetkov

Call-Up: Martin

LTIR: Fast

Swap Koochie and Anderson. Even the national media sees him starting over Freddie.   Also, why not give Lemieux a shot over a carrier?  This team seemed to have toughness with him out there. Plus I didn’t think he was that bad. 

• Pie 1