• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Off-season Thread

2 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Definitely going to be a lot worse next year, but we all knew this would happen. Should be a fringe playoff team and 2025-26 will be a big improvement for us 

Yayy we are now a fringe playoff team when we were contenders for the past 5-6 seasons but kept having the same problems over and over again in the playoffs and just gave the whole staff 5 years. Fantastic!

6 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I worry this as well. We had a shot these last two years and blew it. 

im more optimistic though. I bet we still get into the playoffs. Who knows. 

Seems like everybody forgets that Rod got us to the playoffs two years earlier than expected and kept us there. As long as we have decent talent, we are still likely to make the postseason. The lack of top end talent is what’s going to keep us from going deep though.  

1 hour ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

Seems like everybody forgets that Rod got us to the playoffs two years earlier than expected and kept us there. As long as we have decent talent, we are still likely to make the postseason. The lack of top end talent is what’s going to keep us from going deep though.  

Unless Jarvis Aho and Svech go god mode and koochie takes the next step, who knows?!

An interesting, but expected day the Canes had.

Bye Jake, I understand about the whole $ deal and everything, but I can only hope you do not even sniff a conference championship series let alone get to the finals with the Lightning.  You definitely let the Canes and us fans know what you thought about us. 

Pesce still got paid a little more to leave even though I believe his body is beginning to betray him.  I will always appreciate Pesce, but I'm glad he turned down our offer last off season.  He definitely didn't earn a raise the last two years, but he got one anyways. 

I feel the same with Turbo.  He always has a stretch where he is injured and put up his best numbers in a contract year.  We can't pay him what Chicago is for what he brings to the table.  I'll miss TT.

Good for Skjei cashing in on a better deal than I thought he would get.  I'm not sure he'll have the same impact for the Preds that he did for us, but we'll see.  No way could we afford to go that high for him, it does make me wonder if we didn't offer at least $6.5M/year though.

I'll miss Noesen, can only hope we get someone who will get those dirty goals for us and work as hard as he did.

So that leaves us with this, and I am guessing Necas playing center....why the hell not?  😄😂😆
Not sure what to do about that 2nd line since the 3rd line should be kept as our "lockdown" line.  Put up or shut up time for Necas and his whining about playing center.  You wanted it, get it big fella!

Svechnikov - Aho - Jarvis

Kuznetsov - Necas - FUS

Martinook - Staal - Fast

Kotkaniemi - Drury - Carrier

Lemieux, Nadeau, Blake, Suzuki, Robinson, Jost - Much rather see the youngins' get some time than Robinson and Jost who I think were signed for depth and Chicago.

Slavin - Burns

Orlov - Chatfield

Gostisbehere - Walker

Morrow, Seeley, Fensore, Nystrom

Kochetkov
Andersen
Martin

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Unless Jarvis Aho and Svech go god mode and koochie takes the next step, who knows?!

All the above players will continue to improve and I think a few of the new additions will surprise us, I'm not really down on this current group and Rod is a good coach [yes I said it].  We WILL make the playoffs and once in anything can happen. I'm ready to sit back and watch what will be an entertaining season. We had to retool and this should give us something to build on.

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I worry this as well. We had a shot these last two years and blew it. 

im more optimistic though. I bet we still get into the playoffs. Who knows. 

I don't really have any fear of missing the playoffs. Things will really have to gel for us to be in the division title race again.

Also, the offseason isn't over so I am not going to flip poo. That's Panthers fan behavior(which I can kind of understand).

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

An interesting, but expected day the Canes had.

Bye Jake, I understand about the whole $ deal and everything, but I can only hope you do not even sniff a conference championship series let alone get to the finals with the Lightning.  You definitely let the Canes and us fans know what you thought about us. 

Pesce still got paid a little more to leave even though I believe his body is beginning to betray him.  I will always appreciate Pesce, but I'm glad he turned down our offer last off season.  He definitely didn't earn a raise the last two years, but he got one anyways. 

I feel the same with Turbo.  He always has a stretch where he is injured and put up his best numbers in a contract year.  We can't pay him what Chicago is for what he brings to the table.  I'll miss TT.

Good for Skjei cashing in on a better deal than I thought he would get.  I'm not sure he'll have the same impact for the Preds that he did for us, but we'll see.  No way could we afford to go that high for him, it does make me wonder if we didn't offer at least $6.5M/year though.

I'll miss Noesen, can only hope we get someone who will get those dirty goals for us and work as hard as he did.

So that leaves us with this, and I am guessing Necas playing center....why the hell not?  😄😂😆
Not sure what to do about that 2nd line since the 3rd line should be kept as our "lockdown" line.  Put up or shut up time for Necas and his whining about playing center.  You wanted it, get it big fella!

Svechnikov - Aho - Jarvis

Kuznetsov - Necas - FUS

Martinook - Staal - Fast

Kotkaniemi - Drury - Carrier

Lemieux, Nadeau, Blake, Suzuki, Robinson, Jost - Much rather see the youngins' get some time than Robinson and Jost who I think were signed for depth and Chicago.

Slavin - Burns

Orlov - Chatfield

Gostisbehere - Walker

Morrow, Seeley, Fensore, Nystrom

Kochetkov
Andersen
Martin

I am gonna miss Noesen. That's the one guy that really hurt when I saw the money.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Yayy we are now a fringe playoff team when we were contenders for the past 5-6 seasons but kept having the same problems over and over again in the playoffs and just gave the whole staff 5 years. Fantastic!

You are the same guy who was cup or bust... lord pick a poison a 4-8 seed and losing on the first two rounds is no different than a top seed losing in the first 4 rounds.....

We have a lot of young talent and an absolute blue chipper in Nickushin next year.... and cap space. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am gonna miss Noesen. That's the one guy that really hurt when I saw the money.

Likewise he's one of the few I was actually surprised we didn't resign....

People flipping about nit resigning the guys need to realize it was never possible...

Just the 

Skjei 

Pesce 

Turbo  deals would have had us 2m over the cap....

I think they messed up playing hardball with Guentzel until the last minute I'd bet he would be here if they had met his 8 x 8 ask a month ago.

This isn't the final roster for the season that I promise, the defensive Corp is fine last season we had an absurd overstock it's not reasonable to expect 3 #1 pairings.

I don't see any way they can move Necas at this point it would leave us with 0 experienced 2nd line skill, give him the shot he wants at center!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1