• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Off-season Thread

30 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

What are you even talking about???? There was 0 chance of the canes signing all of those free agents.... 

Just the 

Skjei

Pesce

Turbo  

At there deals would have had us over the cap..... 

Guentzel didn't take "less money" he took more over a shorter time.... (I do think we fugged up not just giving him his ask way earlier)

Also players go to arbitration all the time..... 

Necas won't be dealt me have just four top six forwards no chance they want to be down to just 3.

There wasn’t a chance to sign all, but none of them? and necas/Drury seeking arbitration.  Something just doesn’t feel right internally with the team. 

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

There wasn’t a chance to sign all, but none of them? and necas/Drury seeking arbitration.  Something just doesn’t feel right internally with the team. 

Any player that wants more money seeks arbitration that's ridiculous your Panthers Fan conspiracy is just plain silly. 

Waiting on the Guentzel offer held up money they could have used for others. 

4d chess conspiracies lmfao.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, PantherChris said:

Any player that wants more money seeks arbitration that's ridiculous your Panthers Fan conspiracy is just plain silly. 

I guess

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, PantherChris said:

They blew the Geunzel deal. Should have givin him the offer earlier and we would have had him. 

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

His agent wanted him to sign with Tampa because he’s a fan of the team. 

Yeah, I am not sure I buy into the idea he was at all committed to staying here in Carolina.

Based on what? The cup of coffee he had with the team?

• Pie 5

No, Guentzel and his agent knew Carolina was just a layover on his journey to a team who will get to the playoffs consistently. His contract is very similar, but he's really making a couple mil more with no taxes in Florida.

Just go out and beat Tampa next season. Each of the 3 times they play.

• Pie 4

8 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I am not sure I buy into the idea he was at all committed to staying here in Carolina.

Based on what? The cup of coffee he had with the team?

Yea I’m pretty sure he didn’t want to sign and his agent was driving the price up for Tampa. Lol

• Pie 3

The Canes might have fooled around and won Chicago another Calder Cup.

Giving them Tyson Jost, Eric Robinson, Josiah Slavin, Bradly Nadeau, Felix Unger-Sorum, Jackson Blake, Gleb Trikozov, Ryan Suzuki, Noel Gunler, Juha Jaaska, Scott Morrow, Riley Stillman, Ronan Seeley, Ty Smith, Domenick Fensore, Joel Nystrom, Charles-Alexis Legault, Anttoni Honka, Aleksi Heimosalmi, Spencer Martin, Yaniv Perets, and Ruslan Khazheyev should allow them to be good right out of the gate though I’m sure a good number of those guys will see time with the Canes this year.

• Pie 6

16 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The Canes might have fooled around and won Chicago another Calder Cup.

Giving them Tyson Jost, Eric Robinson, Josiah Slavin, Bradly Nadeau, Felix Unger-Sorum, Jackson Blake, Gleb Trikozov, Ryan Suzuki, Noel Gunler, Juha Jaaska, Scott Morrow, Riley Stillman, Ronan Seeley, Ty Smith, Domenick Fensore, Joel Nystrom, Charles-Alexis Legault, Anttoni Honka, Aleksi Heimosalmi, Spencer Martin, Yaniv Perets, and Ruslan Khazheyev should allow them to be good right out of the gate though I’m sure a good number of those guys will see time with the Canes this year.

FUS and Nadeau I could see making the Squad this season... and making an impact, Marrow will no doubt see time up with the Canes as the first DMan up with injuries.

• Pie 1