• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Off-season Thread

11 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

I trust Adam Gold more than you...  just saying 

https://x.com/AGoldFan/status/1808913142862287264?t=0W1TYMiYlQS4_SBvAzmCnQ&s=19

He’s off based off cap friendly and other sites

forwards is wrong

defense is right and 

goalie is wrong

forwards is 41.870m

goalies is 6.175

cap space is 11.825

but let’s say he’s not wrong and the forward number is wrong because of the QO to the three players. 

jarvis reports are 6.75 aav

Necas turned down 6m aav from Nashville. Wants more than 7m aav. 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Beer 1

This makes me think they are still working on moving Necas, but damn has the kid and the dad put us in a bad situation.  We need to get a decent return on him and the entire NHL knows the headache he is giving us....still though if a team wants him bad enough we need to extract every bit we can from them.

Why do we always have at least one of these guys come along every 3 years or so......  🙄

21 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

This makes me think they are still working on moving Necas, but damn has the kid and the dad put us in a bad situation.  We need to get a decent return on him and the entire NHL knows the headache he is giving us....still though if a team wants him bad enough we need to extract every bit we can from them.

Why do we always have at least one of these guys come along every 3 years or so......  🙄

Necas isn't going anywhere this season at this point.

• Pie 1

With Drury and Necas electing arbitration, they can no longer sign offer sheets.

A report also came out that we are interested in Ehlers, he’s purely an offensive player but at this point I’d take him. Maybe Drury, a B level prospect, and draft picks for Ehlers.

Ehlers - Aho - Jarvis

Svechnikov - Kuznetsov - Necas

Martinook - Staal - Fast

Carrier - Roslovic - Kotkaniemi

Lemieux - Jost - Robinson

Nadeau - Unger-Sorum - Blake

Suzuki

Slavin - Burns

Orlov - Chatfield

Gostisbehere - Walker

Stillman - Morrow

Seeley

Kochetkov

Andersen

Martin

8 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

It’s starting to feel like players don’t believe in rod.  That’s a lot of players at one time saying fug off. 

What are you even talking about???? There was 0 chance of the canes signing all of those free agents.... 

Just the 

Skjei

Pesce

Turbo  

At there deals would have had us over the cap..... 

Guentzel didn't take "less money" he took more over a shorter time.... (I do think we fugged up not just giving him his ask way earlier)

Also players go to arbitration all the time..... 

Necas won't be dealt me have just four top six forwards no chance they want to be down to just 3.