• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Off-season Thread

14 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Definitely going to be a lot worse next year, but we all knew this would happen. Should be a fringe playoff team and 2025-26 will be a big improvement for us 

Not too worried about it.  I don't think the drop off is going to be as bad as some think. Remember we went farther in 2019 did we did last year when we were supposedly stacked for a cup run.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Not too worried about it.  I don't think the drop off is going to be as bad as some think. Remember we went farther in 2019 did we did last year when we were supposedly stacked for a cup run.

The Panthers fan crossover is the issue. Too many are shell shocked from being Panthers fans. 

The sky isn't falling. We are still stocked with talent. If we don't win a Cup next season the sky will still remain where it is. 

We have a young core and a deep farm system. 

• Flames 2

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The Panthers fan crossover is the issue. Too many are shell shocked from being Panthers fans. 

The sky isn't falling. We are still stocked with talent. If we don't win a Cup next season the sky will still remain where it is. 

I think FUS forces his way onto the roster Ala Jarvis...

I agree there is way too many Panthers esque the world is ending posters right now.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

You rang???!

indeed you are correct sir

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, PantherChris said:

They have publicly stated they are not done...

If they resign Jarvy, they have less than 4m in cap based on reports. They wouldn’t have enough to sign Necas, Drury, and Coghlan. 

so they have to do something with KK or Kuz. 

if they just sign Jarvis and Drury, think they have 2.75m in cap space. 

hence my comment that they are done pending one of those to be moved.

3 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I think the difference is the other teams in the East in 2019 were nowhere near as deep and talented as they are now. Tampa, NYR, Boston, FL, Tampa, & Toronto are all very good and teams like NJ (and to a lesser extent NYI, Wash, and Pitt) are pretty good. Luckily we aren't in the Atlantic and "should" make the playoffs, but we aren't a legit threat to win the Stanley Cup next year IMO

Edited by PleaseCutStewart

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Dude, just chill and take a breath. No one wins a Cup on the first day of free agency any more than Super Bowls are won on the first day of free agency.

Let it play out.

I was kidding my guy. Trying to have some fun with it with your word play on “Panthers Fan”.  More or less making fun of myself. 

I actually think we will be just fine. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

48 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I just want Necas gone, he already has killed at least two trades by not wanting to sign extensions with the team he was being traded to. One with Nashville for the fourth pick. 

he obviously doesn’t want to be here and only wants to go somewhere where he’s going to be the top line center. 

looks like arbitration and we keep him - I'm ok with that, let him prove himself if he wants to be considered elite. what does this do to the cap space?

13 minutes ago, organicrusty1201 said:

looks like arbitration and we keep him - I'm ok with that, let him prove himself if he wants to be considered elite. what does this do to the cap space?

If the arbitration is anything over 3m aav then something needs to happen with Jarvis and his contract or one of KK or Kuz needs to be moved. Jarvis is going to be around 6-7m aav unless they do a short bridge deal. 

• Pie 1