• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Off-season Thread

56 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Im not feeling good guys 😞

We were on the verge last year and only needed a little help at the TDL and got it, only for us to STILL turn into a different team in the playoffs. Now we have guys leaving. It’s a pretty scary transition the team is in.

I wonder if it’s rod’s system and our cheap owner?

43 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Canes sign Eric Robinson whoever the fug that is.

Slavin signed an extension.

Rumors are that Zadorov might be signing with us.

"The Carolina Hurricanes are expected to sign forward Eric Robinson to a one-year deal with a cap hit just below $1M, per David Pagnotta of The Fourth Period. Robinson spent last season with the Buffalo Sabres, where he recorded nine points across 40 games."

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/hurricanes-expected-to-sign-eric-robinson/ar-BB1pdljq

Tyler Bertuzzi AND Teuvo Teravainen are signing with the Chicago Blackhawks when the market opens, according to Chris Johnston of TSN and The Athletic.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-free-agency-live-blog

Edit:
And this one sucks to hear:

The Predators are on target to be the team of the day if they get both Stamkos and Marchessault, and then Skjei as well. 

Edited by TheCandyMan

Core pieces locked up, youth movement filling in elsewhere, not ideal to let a lot of great talent walk but I honestly don't hate it. It's kinda exciting, as we legitimately do have great prospects that will need spots to play in. Need to get Jarvis locked up for 8 and I'd also put the focus on keeping Necas for like 6 years.

I also think we'll make a big splash in FA or trade within the next year or two once the right opportunity presents itself. Like really big splash to add to the core. Still think we make the playoffs this season but possibly as a wildcard. Next year Nikishin arrives along with the potential splash and young guys continuing to develop and I think we're back to being contenders year in year out. Not writing off next year by any means but yeah we've gotten worse and I don't consider us top contenders going into next year, for the first time in probably 5 years.

1 minute ago, backINblack28 said:

I like Martinook, but this is an objective overpay for a dude who cleared waivers months ago

It's a little more than I'd have liked to pay and 1 year longer than I'd have liked but this post is ridiculous. He was put on waivers before the 2022 season, nearly 2 years ago, not "months ago." Since clearing waivers he has put up 27 goals and 66 points in the bottom 6, while providing great D, PKing and physicality. And 16 points in 26 playoff games. I absolutely can't stand when Rod plays him on the top line but Martinook is an extremely valuable 3rd liner. I have no problem with this move.

10 minutes ago, t96 said:

It's a little more than I'd have liked to pay and 1 year longer than I'd have liked but this post is ridiculous. He was put on waivers before the 2022 season, nearly 2 years ago, not "months ago." Since clearing waivers he has put up 27 goals and 66 points in the bottom 6, while providing great D, PKing and physicality. And 16 points in 26 playoff games. I absolutely can't stand when Rod plays him on the top line but Martinook is an extremely valuable 3rd liner. I have no problem with this move.

he turns 32 in a month. the reason we are letting TT, Skjei type guys go is because we're betting on youth to fill instead of overpaying guys who are probably not going to get better/faster etc at this point. Martinook has been on the top of his game, yes. But that's exactly what the complete ceiling looks like, and he's getting older and was never the fastest/most skilled guy regardless. We outbid ourselves.

• Beer 1