• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Off-season Thread

18 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Rangers are THE WORST fanbase in pro sports.  Still pissed seeing Florida back in the cup finals when we were the better team minus goalie play. 

Hockey is one of the weirdest sports. If you do not know the score and read comments saying “We have been the better team during this game” you’d think it was 3-0. Then you check the score and it is 0-0. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 5:42 PM, MillionDollarCam said:

Some news coming in…

Seravalli thinks a Necas trade could happen this week, I’m calling BS on this.

Pagnotta says that Guentzel will test free agency and that the league things that Carolina is going to circle back on signing both Skjei and Pesce.

On Guentzel, seen some say he would be in line for 10.5m AAV on the open market. So probably gone. 

as for the other, Canucks have been trying to get him since before the trade deadline and he was close to being sent to them then. 

Canes are wanting a top level prospect back plus for Necas. 

Edited by carpanfan96

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

On Guentzel, seen some say he would be in line for 10.5m AAV on the open market. So probably gone. 

as for the other, Canucks have been trying to get him since before the trade deadline and he was close to being sent to them then. 

Canes are wanting a top level prospect back plus for Necas. 

Willander for Necas, let’s get it done.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 5:51 AM, Anybodyhome said:

Read another article by a Pittsburgh writer that Guentzel is going FA but won't rule out the Canes.

Sounds like Vancouver may go hard after him.

Yeah because latest projections are for his contract to be 7x10.5AAV. 

Necas is projected at 7x7.5AAV. 

don’t think Carolina pays either that kind of money. 

Edited by carpanfan96

47 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Yeah because latest projections are for his contract to be 7x10.5AAV. 

Necas is projected at 7x7.5AAV. 

don’t think Carolina pays either that kind of money. 

Guentz has said great things about being here and caring about winning over money.  I think it's possible we can get both him and Jarvis on a slight discount

27 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

Guentz has said great things about being here and caring about winning over money.  I think it's possible we can get both him and Jarvis on a slight discount

Even if he takes a slight discount, you’re still talking about 9-10AAV. I’m not sure they offer it tbh. 

4 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Even if he takes a slight discount, you’re still talking about 9-10AAV. I’m not sure they offer it tbh. 

idk. if they brought him here with the hope of re-signing him they knew it would take 8 at bare minumum. i'd go 8.5 with term easy. we can save some money letting skjei/pesce walk, trading necas and or kk. it's all about what Jake wants. if it's me in the twilight of my career i'm taking 8.5 over 10 to stay on a team this close and that seems like where his priorities are which makes a difference. I'm just hopeful

5 hours ago, backINblack28 said:

idk. if they brought him here with the hope of re-signing him they knew it would take 8 at bare minumum. i'd go 8.5 with term easy. we can save some money letting skjei/pesce walk, trading necas and or kk. it's all about what Jake wants. if it's me in the twilight of my career i'm taking 8.5 over 10 to stay on a team this close and that seems like where his priorities are which makes a difference. I'm just hopeful

8.5 for 9 years. Make it happen.